• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
So just wait for the ping on the telegram and go go as soon as ?
If only it was that simple.
It generally goes:
Telegram alert
Captcha
Add to basket
Captcha
Go to checkout
Add billing details
Confirm purchase
Wait for bank to send you authorisation (nationwide are a nightmare for this and take forever)
Page reloads
"Sorry this product is no longer available"

Refresh 5 minutes later and repeat the above.

Soldato
I can't believe that this is solely down to the component shortages now, a fair few sources have said that NVidia are holding back stock to keep the prices, and demand, high..
How this will effect the next gen of cards is going to be interesting, I certainly don't think we'll see the same price/performance that we've seen this generation, especially as the rumours are also saying that the PSU requirements are going up as well...

Soldato
Withholding stock makes zero sense, this isn’t fashion where contrived scarcity of ‘limited editions’ drives sales of your non-limited edition stuff and traffic to the brand.

This is a piece of tech which has a limited shelf life because the technology moves on so quickly. A 3090 will be as fast as a 4060ti in a years time and everyone knows it.

The way to maximise the market is to 100% fulfil demand and then convince as many people as possible to upgrade again to next years upgrade.

Just look at the smartphone market if you want a good example of how that actually works.

Tech is dog eat dog, if they don’t keep pushing forward, someone else will eventually try to take their lunch just like AMD did to Intel.

Associate
This will destroy the gaming pc market as a lot of people are ditching gaming plus and going next gen console as even the scalped consoles are only £50 to £100 more than retail

Soldato
This will destroy the gaming pc market as a lot of people are ditching gaming plus and going next gen console as even the scalped consoles are only £50 to £100 more than retail

I am sat here waiting to buy and build a new pc, but no point until I source the key part I want which is a FE card

I guess many in same boat.

Soldato
Wow cex prices, basically double the retail cost, let alone eBay!

Would happily downgrade if MSFS2020 was not so demanding

I have a 3080 FE and It's now at the point where it would be utterly stupid not to sell it for nearly a 100% profit....but i just can't bring myself to do it.

..just call me, stupid.:p

EDIT: Apologies to anyone jumping in the thread thinking a drop was in progress, only to find this post.

Associate
I have a 3080 FE and It's now at the point where it would be utterly stupid not to sell it for nearly a 100% profit....but i just can't bring myself to do it.

..just call me, stupid.:p

EDIT: Apologies to anyone jumping in the thread thinking a drop was in progress, only to find this post.

Problem with selling it is Yep you get a nice amount for it but unless you are giving up on PC gaming then you leave yourself in a position where you have to then buy a better card to make it worth while selling and the only things better than the 3080 cost ridiculous amounts of money... £1700+ 3080Ti or £2350+ 3090 . the only viable upgrade would be a 6900XT which OC have in stock for £1350+ so would have to put money towards that upgrade and on some games would lose features like DLSS and better RT support so could be a downgrade depending on use case . Personally id keep what you have until the next gen gpu are released next year so no not stupid imo:D

Soldato

I'm in the same boat, paid £649 or whatever it was, now on CEX at £1160 cash, or was the last time I looked, but, what are the chances of getting another card that will do what I want at this point...
If it had been earlier in the year then I might have considered it as I spent a good chunk of this year out of the country, however, I'm not out again until December and then not until February next year, maybe, nothing confirmed yet...

Soldato
Problem with selling it is Yep you get a nice amount for it but unless you are giving up on PC gaming then you leave yourself in a position where you have to then buy a better card to make it worth while selling

Thing is, I only have 1 game installed on my PC (The Division 2) and yes I love playing it maxed out at 4K 60fps....but do i love it £1200+ worth, Hmmm :p

I've even thought about grabbing the cash, buying a 3070 equipped laptop for a similar amount, then sell the rest of my PC (9900K, 32GB RAM, and motherboard in the MM for £200-300), which would do me fine, TBH.

Associate
Thing is, I only have 1 game installed on my PC (The Division 2) and yes I love playing it maxed out at 4K 60fps....but do i love it £1200+ worth, Hmmm :p

I've even thought about grabbing the cash, buying a 3070 equipped laptop for a similar amount, then sell the rest of my PC (9900K, 32GB RAM, and motherboard in the MM for £200-300), which would do me fine, TBH.

The money is tempting for sure and as you only play 1 game mainly even more so , but that is a decision only you can make :D Just having a quick browse on ebay and if i was selling it wouldn't be going to CEX but rather on Ebay where they are currently selling for £1700+ so would get it on there and maximise your gains which will making buying that 3070 equipped laptop a touch easier ;)

Back
Top Bottom