Poll: Qatar Grand Prix 2021, Lusail - Race 20

Rate the 2021 Qatar Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Thinking about the constructors championship, i would love for it to change and instead of the winner getting the most money the next year, the last placed team gets the biggest boost in what they can spend and the top team getting the littlest uplift in what they can spend, a bit like the NFL draft

Man of Honour
Thinking about the constructors championship, i would love for it to change and instead of the winner getting the most money the next year, the last placed team gets the biggest boost in what they can spend and the top team getting the littlest uplift in what they can spend, a bit like the NFL draft

That's kind of happening, but with CFD and wind tunnel time. As of next year:
1st gets 70% of limit
10th gets 115% of limit

This year, 1st got 90% of limit and 10th got 112.5% of limit.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...t-impact-they-will.pn0sG8N4A0cjbNRbdYx8a.html

Soldato

You'll just end up with teams towards the end of the season purposely trying to drop places, boring.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I'm still gutted we missed out on getting the new cars this year. But even having cars that can actually follow like they say they should be able to will be a god send. Imagine we could then get rid of DRS as it wouldn't be needed anymore!... (Maybe a wish too far.. lol)
I’d prefer them to stick with this current gen for one more season. Racing has been great this year and could be even closer next year.

I don’t subscribe to the idea that the new cars will suddenly grant us BTCC levels of racing.

Soldato
That's kind of happening, but with CFD and wind tunnel time. As of next year:
1st gets 70% of limit
10th gets 115% of limit

This year, 1st got 90% of limit and 10th got 112.5% of limit.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...t-impact-they-will.pn0sG8N4A0cjbNRbdYx8a.html
You'll just end up with teams towards the end of the season purposely trying to drop places, boring.
Or even give last years worst team more engines without taking penalty’s, so they can use more engine power in each race, for instance merc/red bull would get 3 engines next season and hass/Williams would get 6-7 engines

Caporegime
Obviously I'm not a marshal but I believe they can act independently of race control and fly flags if they feel its warranted, especially in matters of safety? For example if a driver goes off they can fly single or double waved yellows by their own decision making?

Soldato
I’d prefer them to stick with this current gen for one more season. Racing has been great this year and could be even closer next year.

I don’t subscribe to the idea that the new cars will suddenly grant us BTCC levels of racing.

These cars need to be taken out back and put to rest.
Definitely need new cars, but I'm not sure the ones we're getting are the right direction.

Soldato
Its the weekend the FIA are celebrating the support from Volunteers, how much they are valued, how important they are and trying to recruit more and you have a Team boss attacking them in public. Far more damaging to the sport than Max touching hamiltons wing.

Yep. which is why i posted what i did this morning.
You see, i am a marshal.................not only that i have been a marshal at several F1 events. The last one being Baku in 2019.
When i not only read Horner's comment's, but actually watched them......................i was gobsmacked. His comments make me feel like i hate him even though i've never met him.
It's obvious to me ha has no idea what a Marshal does, or even how important a marshal is to any race. It's all right for the likes of him to give thanks when it suits him. The reality is though, marshals save the lives of drivers.
Anyone that thinks they have a better view of any crash than a marshal is living in cloud cuckoo land. Otherwise marshal's wouldn't exist.
If it wasn't for the reaction of one particular marshal at Bahrain in 2020 Ramain Grosjean wouldn't be alive today.

Soldato
Isn't it due to the fact that they are on the scene as it were and will have the most up to date information of any safety concern before race control will?

it is, and it isn't. I think peeps in general have no idea of what a marshal does. A marshal first and foremost reacts to what is in front of them. ALL marshals can wave a Yellow or a double Yellow...............even a red if things look really bad. They need no direction from race control on these matter, that's why they are there in the first place.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Something that needs improving is the on-screen flag display. A few times this weekend has the “yellow flag in sector 2”…. “Green flag” … “yellow flag in sector 2” popped up in quick succession.

Not only does it confuse Crofty (not difficult) but it’s annoying for the viewer wondering what the heck is going on.

Soldato
Something that needs improving is the on-screen flag display. A few times this weekend has the “yellow flag in sector 2”…. “Green flag” … “yellow flag in sector 2” popped up in quick succession.

Not only does it confuse Crofty (not difficult) but it’s annoying for the viewer wondering what the heck is going on.

Which in reality might explain why the drivers never saw it in the cockpit or on any track board. Which in turn tell's anyone how important it is to take marshal commands seriously.

Soldato

To be fair what is happening is that the stricken car is going through the mini sectors. Which get yellow and then cleared. The yellow flag is moving with them round the track.

Soldato
Merc will be happy they got through today with relative ease and with serious pace to burn, next two races should suit the new engine and the suspension system they've got even more, but need bottas to deliver on both days to really help.

Man of Honour
Bottas getting into second or at least pressuring max would be very helpful.

I’m surprised Mercedes haven’t commented on RBs starts, they seem to get away from the line much more quickly.

Soldato
Bottas getting into second or at least pressuring max would be very helpful.

I’m surprised Mercedes haven’t commented on RBs starts, they seem to get away from the line much more quickly.

RBR's cars have always been very quick off the line. They obviously have some tech that is helping, because they are consistently good at starts. Mercedes seems to be a little more hit and miss, and for quite a while, it seemed pretty difficult for the Mercedes drivers to get away in a consistent fashion.

I'm surprised the teams haven't improved on this much the last few years, as RBR have shown it can be done very well indeed, and there's lots of potential for making up places at the start.

Back
Top Bottom