Poll: Qatar Grand Prix 2021, Lusail - Race 20

Rate the 2021 Qatar Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Only thing I really disliked is Red Bull ordering Gasly to let Max past, it probably didn't affect the result but it seems like an unfair advantage to effectively be running 4 cars and very unsporting. Max was on the radio saying he was stuck, Gasly is told Max isn't their race and immediately he just happens to make a mistake in the corner and then forgets to open his DRS until Max was ahead. Couldn't have made it any more obvious.
O wow i diddnt know this

Man of Honour
It's so apparent that even the commentators mention it sometimes. It was disgusting how Gasly just lets him past like that.

I think if there were more interested entrants then AT would have to be given the chop or sold. Running four cars is just crazy really.

Soldato
Only just noticed it? Been going on for years.. Football has ownership rules to prevent this...
Bit different when there are people queuing up to buy football clubs... F1 teams not so much. Regardless of ownership there have always been things like this going on... Williams moving over because they have a Merc engine in the back and know there will be negotiations on price etc.

Soldato
Pretty dull race imo. Bottas' abysmal start and Verstappen's great start spoiled any chance of some excitement there. Pretty much all the passes were dull DRS passes and the track is a featureless desert. Even the highlights barely kept my attention!

Associate
Bit different when there are people queuing up to buy football clubs... F1 teams not so much. Regardless of ownership there have always been things like this going on... Williams moving over because they have a Merc engine in the back and know there will be negotiations on price etc.

Do U think Williams, Aston Martin and McLaren move over for Merc? If so, you better give Lando the message :)

Soldato
Do U think Williams, Aston Martin and McLaren move over for Merc? If so, you better give Lando the message :)

Lando who openly said he will not fight Lewis? Not sure if that was just for the Brazilian GP after his DQ or he meant it for rest of the season.

Pretty sure RB are the cause of this due to there bitterness and what appears to be FIA favouring them.

Also, i see pretty much all mechanics do this, be in mclaren, Ferrari etc

I don't care who "started" it or which teams are doing it. It's petty regardless.

Man of Honour
All Max has to do is drive into Lewis again, and come 2nd in one of the races. There's plenty more to come.

That’s the only way he’ll win, or an unlucky safety car for Lewis. Considering mercs have saved their strongest engine for the next two races and that Hamilton was untouchable here, max seems unlikely to win on pace alone. The fia will allow it too. Most likely max will just ‘out break’ himself at a start.

Soldato
I don't know what all of you are watching, Max is going to take it easily. I'd much rather be going into the last race with a points advantage and wins on the board rather than people discussing my 'potential to win'. If Max doesn't win this, I'll eat a gerbil*

I voted it an 8/10. Purely for the result. It wasn't a fantastic race but nice watching Checo carve up the field and seeing Fernando on the podium through merit - and a bit of VSC luck. Hamilton did what he needed to do to keep the fight going on so that's all I can ask for. Bottas had a shocker yesterday you just can't rely on him to help Lewis out in any way.

*I probably wont actually eat a gerbil

Transmission breaker
Don
I don't know what all of you are watching, Max is going to take it easily. I'd much rather be going into the last race with a points advantage and wins on the board rather than people discussing my 'potential to win'. If Max doesn't win this, I'll eat a gerbil*

I voted it an 8/10. Purely for the result. It wasn't a fantastic race but nice watching Checo carve up the field and seeing Fernando on the podium through merit - and a bit of VSC luck. Hamilton did what he needed to do to keep the fight going on so that's all I can ask for. Bottas had a shocker yesterday you just can't rely on him to help Lewis out in any way.

*I probably wont actually eat a gerbil

I agree that Max is still in the driving seat, but it is a measure of Hamilton's talent, and the expectation on him that people believe he has this tied up :D
Statistically, Max is really in the stronger position, but Lewis just has a way of pulling these results out with the car Merc provide, and its not that hard to believe he will do the same again!

Caporegime

I don't think I'd go with "take it easily", but I think the smart money is still on Max. It can easily go either way, we've seen so many wacky things happen in F1 over the years that it's bizarre to me to claim that it's sewn up either way.

Whoever does win, unless we really do get absolute shenanigans in the last couple of races, will deserve it. Both have been mega this season.

Soldato
Max just needs to come P2 and fastest laps and he'll win. I'd much rather be in his position

I'm not completely writing of LH but he will be snatching victory from the jaws of defeat if he pulls it off

Soldato
Max just needs to come P2 and fastest laps and he'll win. I'd much rather be in his position

I'm not completely writing of LH but he will be snatching victory from the jaws of defeat if he pulls it off

That's not correct, Lewis is only 8 points behind Max I believe, and there are 7 points between 1st and 2nd. if LH comes first in the last two races then he wins the championship no matter who has the fastest lap.

Associate
Lando who openly said he will not fight Lewis? Not sure if that was just for the Brazilian GP after his DQ or he meant it for rest of the season.

Yes, the Lando who raced Lewis hard at (Monza?) and does NOT move over but just uses common sense when a faster car is pushing him and realises when to fight hard isnt helping his OWN race

Soldato
I think if LH gets the next race win and cuts the gap to maximum 2 points (MV gets the fastest lap) then I feel the pendulum will have swung and LH will be the one to beat. The pressure on RB and MV will be intense and I'm not sure whether MV will cope that well, he has shown that his emotions get to him during races.

Back
Top Bottom