I wonder why us shopfloor workers weren't asked.

Soldato
Such a small sample pool I'm guessing..
It's like when the Global Warming brigade go on about 'since records began' which is a few hundred years on a planet that's 4.5 billion years old...

Soldato
Such a small sample pool I'm guessing..
It's like when the Global Warming brigade go on about 'since records began' which is a few hundred years on a planet that's 4.5 billion years old...

3100 is a large sample of the population and will be very accurate.

Anti poll and a climate change denier. Well done mate :cry::cry:

Soldato
What ridiculous rubbish is this.

"“For a considerable number of people, readjusting to a workplace environment and the nine-to-five has not been easy,”

Go and tell this to the NHS staff on the front line during covid. It's almost like they don't want to work....who would have thought.

Soldato
As mentioned a few times. People who have never worked in retail in the last 20 years, should be called up like jury service and get told where to work between x-y date. Then get told what hours to work. The same exceptions apply like jury service - carer, illness, booked holiday etc. Those who refuse to do the service will be punished.

It will be an eye opener for many. It’s not an easy job. For me 80% of the stresses at work are customers who moan about petty things.

Soldato
What ridiculous rubbish is this.

"“For a considerable number of people, readjusting to a workplace environment and the nine-to-five has not been easy,”

Go and tell this to the NHS staff on the front line during covid. It's almost like they don't want to work....who would have thought.
And essential shop workers like myself who had customers making every excuse in the book. One said to me “I’m shopping for my mum” in order to get more food. A colleague moved into her house after she died 2 years before and you dealt with her what fitting’s could be left. Idiot!

Associate
OP
And essential shop workers like myself who had customers making every excuse in the book. One said to me “I’m shopping for my mum” in order to get more food. A colleague moved into her house after she died 2 years before and you dealt with her what fitting’s could be left. Idiot!

Some customers really might be shopping for other people (one way around the toilet roll rationing) but the same could be said for people who use home delivery ('I'm expecting a package from Ebay/Amazon') Both excuses have some truth in them. Then there's the people who buy loads of shopping before or on Christmas eve and come back a few days later under the exscuse of 'People have decided to invite themselves round and're coming later').

Associate
OP
As mentioned a few times. People who have never worked in retail in the last 20 years, should be called up like jury service and get told where to work between x-y date. Then get told what hours to work. The same exceptions apply like jury service - carer, illness, booked holiday etc. Those who refuse to do the service will be punished.

It will be an eye opener for many. It’s not an easy job. For me 80% of the stresses at work are customers who moan about petty things.

WELL SAID!!:D:D

a few hours befpre closing time on Christmas Eve'd be the ideal time and no doubt somebody (who's had aal day to do their schopping)'ll turn up just as the doors're about to be closed and locked (just for 'a few small item' and they'll be quick)., only to spend half the time on Facebook
and then have the nerve to just walk out of the shop and leave half of THEIR shopping in the middle of the aisle.
Then there's the usual;-
Go on, it's christmas/where's your christmas spirit?
You've just spoilt my kids' christmas!!

Last edited:
Soldato
Why don't people in retail just get a different job? I mean unless you are doing high-end retail it can't deliver a great living for the effort/stress.

Soldato
WELL SAID!!:D:D

a few hours befpre closing time on Christmas Eve'd be the ideal time and no doubt somebody (who's had aal day to do their schopping)'ll turn up just as the doors're about to be closed and locked (just for 'a few small item' and they'll be quick)., only to spend half the time on Facebook
and then have the nerve to just walk out of the shop and leave half of THEIR shopping in the middle of the aisle.
Then there's the usual;-
Go on, it's christmas/where's your christmas spirit?
You've just spoilt my kids' christmas!!
We always get the customer who comes in half an hour before closing on CE saying have we got any turkeys left? No we sold the last one at 11am.

Im thinking that unless people have preordered a turkey anywhere, this year they will struggle to get one.

Glad I’m not working CE this year

Back
Top Bottom