This Instant And Moment - 2021!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Just got told my 15 and a half year old Norwegian Forest Cat has to be put down. She's done well, not a bad age, but I'm still rather gutted.

That combined with my shed roof blowing off, 2 house roof leaks, a large piece of fascia falling off the front of the house and hitting my car and my washing machine dying all within the last month or so has meant it's really not been a good time.

Just got told my 15 and a half year old Norwegian Forest Cat has to be put down. She's done well, not a bad age, but I'm still rather gutted.

That combined with my shed roof blowing off, 2 house roof leaks, a large piece of fascia falling off the front of the house and hitting my car and my washing machine dying all within the last month or so has meant it's really not been a good time.
So sorry to hear about your cat.

It's never easy to lose a family pet and to have to make that decision.

15 is an impressive age :)

Sounds like you have had a really tough time of late so hope things get a bit better for you soon.

Soldato
Certainly a low point of my life.

Just got the fake tree down from the loft so the wife can spread out all the branches etc before we put everything up tomorrow and spotted a tree chocolate from last year. I think my wife thought i was joking when i went to eat it.....I now feel a little sick :(

Soldato
Certainly a low point of my life.

Just got the fake tree down from the loft so the wife can spread out all the branches etc before we put everything up tomorrow and spotted a tree chocolate from last year. I think my wife thought i was joking when i went to eat it.....I now feel a little sick :(
It’ll be fine if it was just plain chocolate, lasts for years.

Soldato
Yeah, it looked pretty messed up, almost like a swirl pattern, guess its the chocolate/milk separating due to the heat/cold from being in the loft. Didn't taste great though so i didn't eat the second one we found.

The white stuff? It is usually just fat separating from the chocolate but it looks horrid.

Caporegime
Why the hell are sky ringing me with offers for a new iPad when they haven’t got any in stock until January at least!

“We can offer you a nice iPad discount for your piggy bank data, which one would you like?”

“I’d like the discount on the normal iPad please”

“We haven’t got any in stock, what about the iPad Air?”

“Ok, how much?”

“Sorry we are out of stock of those too, what about a pro?”

“I’ve already got one”

“oh well we’re out of stock of those too anyway”

Absolute numpties!

Soldato
Speaking of absolute numpties, just had a cracker from Eon. Had them as the gas & electricity supplier for a flat I owned from 2015-2017. On the day I moved out I called them with final meter readings, paid the final balance and told them we’d be parting ways…or so I thought.

Until Saturday when the postman puts a letter through my door from a debt collector, that had apparently bought the debt from Eon for the supply of gas & electric between the 16th November and the 24th December 2017. Which is interesting as this is the first I’ve ever heard of this bill, and seeing as I completed on the sale of my property and moved out on the 15th November 2017, I can’t quite see how I was ever responsible for paying this.

So I spent about 3 hours trying to get through to someone at Eon, and when I finally get through the operator explains that they’ve had some sort of system malfunction that means they’ve somehow decided that whoever’s assigned on their system as previously responsible for a property, now all of a sudden has somehow owed them money for the last four years. They’ve apparently done this to thousands of ex customers, and their call centres are inundated with back to back calls of people (understandably) raging about his

So, their social media’s a dumpster fire right now. One guy’s complaining of being chased over an outstanding bill for the supply of gas and electricity from 4 years ago to a property he moved out of 11 years ago.

I mean, how does this even happen? A billing system somehow manifests fictitious bills, that go straight to being sold to debt collectors? I’m wondering whether they’re trying to hide a scam stemming from a massive data breach by describing it as “a software fault….”

Last edited:
Associate
Mt energy supplier took £500 from my account twice, managed to get it back now but WTF, they were only supposed to take about £100. What if I had incurred overdraught charges. It's theft.

Soldato
Mt energy supplier took £500 from my account twice, managed to get it back now but WTF, they were only supposed to take about £100. What if I had incurred overdraught charges. It's theft.
If your draught isn't filled to the level marked on the glass you are entitled to ask them to top it off. I'm unclear what happens if they over fill your draught though.

Soldato
Speaking of absolute numpties, just had a cracker from Eon. Had them as the gas & electricity supplier for a flat I owned from 2015-2017. On the day I moved out I called them with final meter readings, paid the final balance and told them we’d be parting ways…or so I thought.

Until Saturday when the postman puts a letter through my door from a debt collector, that had apparently bought the debt from Eon for the supply of gas & electric between the 16th November and the 24th December 2017. Which is interesting as this is the first I’ve ever heard of this bill, and seeing as I completed on the sale of my property and moved out on the 15th November 2017, I can’t quite see how I was ever responsible for paying this.

So I spent about 3 hours trying to get through to someone at Eon, and when I finally get through the operator explains that they’ve had some sort of system malfunction that means they’ve somehow decided that whoever’s assigned on their system as previously responsible for a property, now all of a sudden has somehow owed them money for the last four years. They’ve apparently done this to thousands of ex customers, and their call centres are inundated with back to back calls of people (understandably) raging about his

So, their social media’s a dumpster fire right now. One guy’s complaining of being chased over an outstanding bill for the supply of gas and electricity from 4 years ago to a property he moved out of 11 years ago.

I mean, how does this even happen? A billing system somehow manifests fictitious bills, that go straight to being sold to debt collectors? I’m wondering whether they’re trying to hide a scam stemming from a massive data breach by describing it as “a software fault….”
Sounds like the graduate in charge of loading data done goofed.

Soldato
Had a properly ****** day. Got a phonecall this morning from the nursing home where my old man is saying that they'd had the doctor out to see him as they suspect an UTI (again). Then this afternoon they phoned again saying the ambulance had been and the paramedics decided he needed to go into hospital to be seen properly. Just got off the phone with the doctor at the Royal Stoke and he's tested positive for Covid. He's in the nursing home due to him requiring 24hr care for Parkinson's and dementia, but he also suffers from COPD, asthma and has heart problems, so it doesn't bode well. We can't even go up and see him either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom