This Instant And Moment - 2021!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
With him being in the nursing home with his Parkinson's and dementia and with how frail he'd become we knew it was coming, but we expected a good few months or so. But it's the Covid that caused him to deteriorate so quickly.

My Sister is obviously in pieces, but it's my Mother I'm worried for They've been married for 58 years and she doesn't know what she's going to do now.

With him being in the nursing home with his Parkinson's and dementia and with how frail he'd become we knew it was coming, but we expected a good few months or so. But it's the Covid that caused him to deteriorate so quickly.

My Sister is obviously in pieces, but it's my Mother I'm worried for They've been married for 58 years and she doesn't know what she's going to do now.
I don't really know what to say except that my heart goes out to you through this really difficult time and I hope you will be ok.

Soldato

Yeah, i don't know how people cope losing someone after so long. My mother in law lost her husband after ~38 years when she was only 59 and turned 70 this year and she's just not the same person. Must be so lonely, even with family around.

It was my 10th anniversary yesterday and i'm already at the point where it'd be hard to go on if anything happened to my wife!

Caporegime
I find it weird that fake reviews are apparently illegal practice in the UK but every website seems to be obviously full of fake amazon style reviews.

look the reviews on vegetarian meat free options on tesco website etc ;)

someones trying to defend the companies honour and not let reviews put people off buying the product.

I bet the reviews aren;t technically hosted on tesco servers or some nonsense to get around it or because it's not tesco doing it they can turn a blind eye and not care.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/303350536
no way all those 5 star reviews are real.... they are clearly trying to "fix" the low rating it would otherwise have gotten.

Reviews have just taken the place of marketing now...... can't trust anything

Last edited:
Soldato
Wish i had better willpower.

Every year i tell myself i'm going to drink/eat less so that i'd more productive, but it just never happens. Was planning on the gym this morning to get it out the way early, but i woke around 6am and just felt crap due to a few drinks and lots of bread yesterday making me feel bleugh. Now it's getting into the day, i have a few errands for lunchtime and by the time i finish work it'll be shut.

My training plan also has me running for an hour tomorrow and 45 mins on Sunday which will both be tough with a hangover!

Consigliere
Wish i had better willpower.

Every year i tell myself i'm going to drink/eat less so that i'd more productive, but it just never happens. Was planning on the gym this morning to get it out the way early, but i woke around 6am and just felt crap due to a few drinks and lots of bread yesterday making me feel bleugh. Now it's getting into the day, i have a few errands for lunchtime and by the time i finish work it'll be shut.

My training plan also has me running for an hour tomorrow and 45 mins on Sunday which will both be tough with a hangover!

Being very hard own yourself mate! It is Christmas after all! :)

Your body would appreciate time to rest and cover too.

Soldato
Being very hard own yourself mate! It is Christmas after all! :)

Your body would appreciate time to rest and cover too.

Yeah possibly. Technically today should be a rest day anyway as i was scheduled a leg workout which i did on Tuesday.

I just enjoy doing something, just find it hard for motivation and then always feel disappointed afterwards when i've not done it.

I think it's the negative impacts of it which then affects other things that i enjoy. Yesterdays 7 mile run was tougher than it should've been. I still maintain that the day someone makes a decent non alcoholic beer/wine i'd be happy.

Consigliere
Yeah possibly. Technically today should be a rest day anyway as i was scheduled a leg workout which i did on Tuesday.

I just enjoy doing something, just find it hard for motivation and then always feel disappointed afterwards when i've not done it.

I think it's the negative impacts of it which then affects other things that i enjoy. Yesterdays 7 mile run was tougher than it should've been. I still maintain that the day someone makes a decent non alcoholic beer/wine i'd be happy.

A few treats won't hurt. I struggle with this also and used to be extremely strict on my body but it made me feel sad.

At the end of the day, the water recovers quite well and I am sure in some ways, a few naughty foods would actually benefit the body so it doesn't forget how to deal with them quickly! :p

Caporegime
Balls, looks like a terrible Christmas present for me in the post. Got clocked by a mobile speed camera :(
Refute it with some bizarre claim that the light captured by the camera was travelling at the speed of light, whilst your car was staying within the legal speed limits.

it's not your fault if a camera thinks the speed of the light it captured was 85mph or whatever.

the only way the mobile speed camera would genuinely know the speed you were travelling at is it if were actually mobile and matching your speed.

anything else is simply bonkers :D

Soldato
Just popped to the Sainsbury's Local to grab teabags and a few other basics we're missing. Got to checkout, having a nice chat, realised I didn't have my wallet. I was absolutely mortified, never done this in my life :eek: panicked and just shot off to get it and come back.

Fitness tracker is gonna think my walk was a bit stressful!

Man of Honour
Just popped to the Sainsbury's Local to grab teabags and a few other basics we're missing. Got to checkout, having a nice chat, realised I didn't have my wallet. I was absolutely mortified, never done this in my life :eek: panicked and just shot off to get it and come back.

Fitness tracker is gonna think my walk was a bit stressful!

This is where Android/Apple Pay has become a god send. I had a near miss the other day when I got a till and contactless wasn't working and I was shocked I'd even grabbed a wallet on my way out

Soldato
This is where Android/Apple Pay has become a god send. I had a near miss the other day when I got a till and contactless wasn't working and I was shocked I'd even grabbed a wallet on my way out
Yeah I had a quick scramble for options but knew in my mind that I haven't reinstalled anything on my latest phone. Will probably do now. In the old days, it was an emergency fiver in the bus pass!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom