Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Caporegime
I don't think PE ratio means much. Amazons has been well into the high hundreds before. Teslas is well over 200. It seems a bit of an old school measurement these days
yea but amazon had massive unstoppable growth with gobbles up the P/E fast
Tesla kinda the same , NIO too I guess since they are ramping up capacity by huge margins

NVDA is kinda hampered by the chip shortage and basically growing margins not volume? surely it comes a point fairly soon where people can't justify the high PE and hedgefunds start to bail

everyone is hedging on META? I bet it takes another 2-3 decades until VR is in every living room like a TV if it ever happens.

seems way too earlier to buy into the hype

The current VR generations have been around since like 2010? so already a decade and it's still such a niche market and incredibly expensive

Caporegime
The current VR generations have been around since like 2010? so already a decade and it's still such a niche market and incredibly expensive

Now stick a company with Facebook's resources and market reach behind it and watch what happens. Zucky's gonna wanna see a return on this investment pronto, I give it two years.

Caporegime
Now stick a company with Facebook's resources and market reach behind it and watch what happens. Zucky's gonna wanna see a return on this investment pronto, I give it two years.
didnt facebook own oculus for a long time now? surely they have been trying.

it's still niche even amongst gamers

Caporegime

It's not targeting gamers though, it's targeting Facebook users. Trust me, this will take off and people will lap it up like crack. This is a game changer for the VR world.

Caporegime

VR will never go mainstream unless it's below £150.

Some of these headsets are like £600 hp reverb G2 and the likes. Yeah sure budget ones are available but people don't really want a budget vr headset as they are rubbish and a complete gimmick.

Saying that again even the proper vr headsets are a complete gimmick for a start not all games are even offering support even ones that you think would like forza horizon 5.

So developers see it as a gimmick too. Every person I know in real life that owns one never uses it. I was tempted but saw some sense.

Good day to buy crypto. I'm up over 500% in 2 months. So looking for more coins that give great interest (20% on BNB is much better than 3% dividends).

Stock market cannot really compete unless you are doing lots of research.

I have picked a few companies I'll be putting money into and one was up 7% today.

Soldato

VR is still very much a novelty and doesn't have any real world use cases. Google and Apple are still trying to crack AR and big companies aren't afraid to bin a losing project, as these tech companies have the fail fast philosophy.

Caporegime
VR is still very much a novelty and doesn't have any real world use cases. Google and Apple are still trying to crack AR and big companies aren't afraid to bin a losing project, as these tech companies have the fail fast philosophy.

Normally I'd agree with you, but in this case I reckon Facebook's going to push, and push hard. They've already got billions in R&D invested together with Ray Ban for their Stories glasses which is an incredibly smart move. Sticking a Ray ban label on a product which would otherwise fail spectacularly has to be one of Facebook's smartest moves yet.

Facebook bought Oculus for a reason, Facebook got hold of Ray Ban for a reason. Facebook rebranded their parent company to Meta for a reason. They're going to do this properly, and they're going to do it well.

Mark my words, this Meta thing is going to take off, and it's going to absolutely change the game*

*I despise Facebook with a passion so there's nothing I'd like more than to see them fail, but sadly on this occasion there's no way they're going to let it die out. The potential for a project like this is beyond belief, and I suspect they're not even fully aware of the possibilities yet.

Soldato
150 a barrel adds a lot onto grocery costs etc. I can remember 130 in 2008 though, its possible but also a kind of failure.
Recently saw that the UK regulator is set to block Meta's (Facebook) acquisition of Giphy.

How does that work then given both are US companies and so outside the remit of UK CMA.

Giphy can divest its Uk operations I guess. Thats not an attractive prospect probably. Not sure why they'd block a fairly empty asset acquisition as mp4 and gif hosting

Crash vs not, the virus is becoming less lethal in parallel to its mutation is something I heard. SARS being the precedent for that. Might be a bet on that, I dont think the market is that positive into year end maybe a few holiday type days. $$ is weakening
MY guess for sterling is very likely to rise vs dollar. Our debt is 1/4 inflation linked, a heavy incentive to tighten up the currency even a little more then dollar gives it reason to rise

Meta criticism kinda reminds me the game industry started off with us controlling Ascii characters vs other dots and somehow having fun. They only have to achieve progression similarly, Im not a great fan of any of it right now but theres a great potential to utilise tech development and games to be more dynamic. I dont like scripted games (some have a good story/finesse true), opening up a universe if they could do that could be big.

Last edited:
Soldato
One I've seen a big drop on is Mastercard. They did announce a bigger dividend, but also a buy-back so not sure it justified such a huge drop (20% since mid November)

Might be some opportunity for those that fancy a little risk given current Covid announcements

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom