1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mcast123, 2 Apr 2009.

1. Trig

Soldato

Yeah, I've got a looooot of red..

2. ltron

Mobster

The question is how long is this going to last.

3. mid_gen

Capodecina

Good buying opportunity for tech stocks if you ask me. If Omicron is bad news, they'll continue to rake it in. If it isn't, the markets will rebound.

Early data seems to be that Omicron does indeed evade immunity to some degree. Expect a rocky week. Annoyingly, I made my monthly buy before the drops :(

4. tlrBeta

Wise Guy

Talk of bubble fears, similar to .com crash - maybe playing into the mindset a little?

5. mid_gen

Capodecina

Too much inflationary pressure for an extended downturn imo. Short term pullback perhaps, but then on to new ATHs.

Money will go wherever it needs to go to beat inflation.....can't see that being anywhere but equity market for the forseeable.

Remember these tech companies aren't loss-making pie-in-the-sky 'Thing but on the internet' hot air like back in the .com days. They are huge profit-making engines with enormous, growing markets.

6. tlrBeta

Wise Guy

Like Tesla? :p

I hope you're right, i only recently brought into a few :D

7. mid_gen

Capodecina

Oh, sounds like Evergrande have defaulted as well? Definitely a rocky period coming up!

8. Doggie2k

Wise Guy

Again with Evergrande :cry:

I think we will be in a house of pain next week then bounce up the following week when the market realises the Omegatron strain isn't that big of a deal.

9. Freddie1980

Sgarrista

Can any explain just how the stockmarket works these days? I've just done some googling on share prices and noticed Nvidia has a PE ratio of just under 95 and a market cap of around $800b whereas Intel has a PE ratio of 9 and market cap of $200b yet by every financial metric I can find (earnings, revenue, employees, fixed assets etc) Intel towers over Nvidia. For that ratio to make sense Nvidia's earning would have be around $45b a year which an order of magnitude higher then it's current level of $4.3b, so what gives? Market madness/herd mentality of do people genuinely believe team green will one day end being that big?

10. Cadder

Wise Guy

What's going on with NIO??

11. mid_gen

Capodecina

PE ratios are pretty irrelevant these days with the amount of money printing that has been going on the last decade. Stock prices are high because there is a *lot* of money around, and there are no returns available anywhere else.

My view is that my money (by this I mean my high-risk trading money, not my various pension investments, in boring sensible things) being inflated away being stuck in 'safe' investments, is a bigger risk than interest rates suddenly getting ramped up and money flooding out of equities.

nVidia is at the cutting edge of the booming AI industry, and is priced for growth in that area too. Intel dropped the ball on that one and is playing catchup still.

12. mid_gen

Capodecina

Google Evergrande.

13. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

How are you getting 20% with BNB coin?

Edit: Never mind, just re-read the post properly.

14. booyaka

Capodecina

Also Sonny was perma banned but now appears to be just suspended so not sure he can respond....

15. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

Thanks.

16. Cadder

Wise Guy

Interesting cheers. Might buy more while it's low.

17. uncle_rufus

Soldato

What's going on with SONNY? Should we be buying now or just wait and see what happens? Please respond asap I have money standing by

18. silversurfer

Capodecina

price doesnt determine value, buy every month for the next year if the only doubt is the price
    150 is alot less then it used to be. Use the consoles for a guide is probably fair, they make most on the games so entry pricing to the masses is their business

19. Trig

Soldato

Suspended means he can read, bit reply, and maybe use the Conversation/DM function..

20. dLockers

Sgarrista

Just got out of Thungela. It rocketed 16% this morning so I took my fun tokens back out.