Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Commissario
I heartily recommend a nearby pub called Oddfellows. Great place with a lovely garden if the weathers good.

the concourses are not great places at Vicarage Road, very tight and dark.
Yup it's not a bad pub, haven't been for quite a few years though.

Thankfully I know the area well, was born in the hospital next to the stadium ;)

Soldato
I don't understand how they work, I understand digital ones that replace the old ones directly but I don't understand smart TRVs and how to tell the difference. How do you heat a single rad without heating all the others!?

Depends on your boiler and the system you get but most smart TRVs sense room temperature and can be programmed on a regular schedule to heat/not heat certain rooms

For example my bedrooms are heated in the morning, but that's it. Whereas my lounge is heated in the evening. The office is heated all day etc

My smart thermostat is also able to modulate/control the boiler internal temperatures (Bosch system and Worcester boiler), learns how long it takes to heat certain parts of my house and can compensate for the temperature outside

Soldato
A massive Christmas tree, potted so not going to landfill............ Havnt had time to decorate ot yet ;)

bsh.jpg

Soldato
Depends on your boiler and the system you get but most smart TRVs sense room temperature and can be programmed on a regular schedule to heat/not heat certain rooms

For example my bedrooms are heated in the morning, but that's it. Whereas my lounge is heated in the evening. The office is heated all day etc

My smart thermostat is also able to modulate/control the boiler internal temperatures (Bosch system and Worcester boiler), learns how long it takes to heat certain parts of my house and can compensate for the temperature outside

Thanks for the explanation but I'm still confused. If I understand correctly you can't just have one of these on one rad in the house because when that one TRV calls for heat it will heat the other rads with dumb TRVs with it. You would have to have them fitted to every radiator in the house to keep the others rads from heating if you only wanted to heat for example an office room radiator during the the day?

Associate
Two weeks in the states over Thanksgiving, it's hard not to have a quick look around at Black Friday deals.

Walked into Best Buy with no purchase in mind and came out with these four, all for less than the price of just the Echo Auto in the UK, I thought they were priced wrong!!

Nice upgrade to the home security, adding to the Eufy doorbell and cameras I already have.

51720012036_f5aed674b6_b.jpg

Soldato
Thanks for the explanation but I'm still confused. If I understand correctly you can't just have one of these on one rad in the house because when that one TRV calls for heat it will heat the other rads with dumb TRVs with it. You would have to have them fitted to every radiator in the house to keep the others rads from heating if you only wanted to heat for example an office room radiator during the the day?

Well yeah, unless you use the dumb TRV to always be on or off i guess

Soldato
Yes

Although ideally you dont want a pressurised system spanking a single rad like that.

Back
Top Bottom