*** Official SONOS Thread ***

Associate
Got gifted a Sonos Roam.

For its size it's a pretty good speaker. A bit bassy in low volumes, but overall happy with it. Battery seems to easily last my use cases; had the speaker on for around 6 hours on Saturday and battery went down by circa 70%.

Associate
Got gifted a Sonos Roam.

For its size it's a pretty good speaker. A bit bassy in low volumes, but overall happy with it. Battery seems to easily last my use cases; had the speaker on for around 6 hours on Saturday and battery went down by circa 70%.

I was also gifted a roam and was massively disappointed by it. Battery seems terrible and drains when not in use. Sound quality, even for a Bluetooth speaker, didn't seem anything special. I don't really need the portability so wish they got me a One instead!

Associate
I was also gifted a roam and was massively disappointed by it. Battery seems terrible and drains when not in use. Sound quality, even for a Bluetooth speaker, didn't seem anything special. I don't really need the portability so wish they got me a One instead!
I have a 5.1 system with the Playbar/Sub/2xOnes. I used to move the Ones around, but because they are part of the 5.1 they have to be near the Playbar otherwise they don't work (or you have to remove them from the room, then re-add and re-tune), so portability was what I was looking for.

Man of Honour
With the audio delayed the Sky or Sonos settings will only allow you to delay the audio even further ...

If you find a way please post back in here as it was doing my head in yesterday!
Turning off Dolby Digital completely fixes it, which defeats the object. Apparently it's a known issue with Sky Q boxes so I'll speak to Sky and raise a complaint about it.

Anyone here use the Virgin TV box? If so, is it any batter? I can sacrifice sport in UHD if the Virgin box has no audio delay issues with Sonos.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Just to add to this, it seems like this is the exact issue I experience with the Humax T4000 / BT 4k box and my Playbase. With the 'surround' option activated in the audio settings which would enable 5.1 etc. the sound is out of sync and while it offers a lip sync adjustment this doesn't help. The delay is the other way as you are also experiencing. Thankfully, I only use the Humax/BT TV for recording nowadays and stick with my TVs internal tuner/apps which don't exhibit this problem.

For clarity, my set up is:

Samsung QN94A
Inbuilt tuner no lip sync issues
All inbuilt apps no lip sync issues
Apple TV (HDMI > TV > Optical out) no lip sync issues
Humax (HDMI > TV > Optical out) unfixable lip sync issues unless fixed to stereo

Last edited:
Soldato
Turning off Dolby Digital completely fixes it, which defeats the object. Apparently it's a known issue with Sky Q boxes so I'll speak to Sky and raise a complaint about it.

Anyone here use the Virgin TV box? If so, is it any batter? I can sacrifice sport in UHD if the Virgin box has no audio delay issues with Sonos.
Thanks but mine is even within the TV app itself and Sky Q. I will check those settings though to see if it helps, thanks again.

Associate
I have the same issue with my Xbox Series X and PS5 the lag is insane, cant play a shooter.

My HDFury thought arrives tomorrow, so ill provide feedback on how this plays with the Beam/surrounds, apparently it does fix the issue!

Soldato
Since the DTS upgrade I have switched back to using ARC on my LG B8 (as opposed to a splitter). There is still a very slight delay but it's fairly imperceivably and I can only really notice it if I'm looking for it. Dolby still has a big delay.

Back
Top Bottom