• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** The Official Alder Lake owners thread ***

Soldato
I think that for the Gigabyte board they shared lanes with the extra slots that are on it, they were not there on my returned MSI board and so nothing was shared.

how are you enjoying your new AL setup...? What cooling are you using...?

Soldato
Ah I see cheers.
I'm really enjoying thanks, I've managed to get windows 11 how I want it, disabled all the crap that I Don't need nor want (this takes longer than building the computer lol).
Performance wise it's fantastic, I didn't expect the difference to be so big coming from the 8700k, I just need to find a game to settle into, tempted to playing through Cyberpunk, witcher 3 again to see how they run now.

Soldato
Lol. I had to strip my system down again after RMA my MSI board and then rebuild it. With three NVME and other gubbins it took time and activation for W 11 was a challenge, having just done that for the MSI board.
Point taken the "stuff" can take longer than the build tho..!
Sorting out overclicks and BIOS settings will take some time. Glad that it is cooled with an AIO tho as they can be a toasty CPU.

Soldato
Managed to find some RAM in stock (UK), to upgrade to from my 16GB Crucial 4800Mhz kit:

Mi1iAkE.png

Will see what these clock to, hopefully Samsung or Hynix IC's.

Wanted to wait for 6400Mhz kits, but have to jump on what's available in this climate. Easy to sell on the Crucial 16gb DDR5 kit anyway, will see what they get up to on the bay :p

Last edited:
Sgarrista
Commissario
So I have to give it to EK, they managed to create a perfect trio of useless matchups for their products.

Currently unable to create a clean run of glass tubing, even ordered an extra 120mm distro and will have to make some case mods to fit it in and work nicely erk!

Soldato
So I have to give it to EK, they managed to create a perfect trio of useless matchups for their products.

Currently unable to create a clean run of glass tubing, even ordered an extra 120mm distro and will have to make some case mods to fit it in and work nicely erk!

That's unfortunate, which case are you building in?

Soldato
Bloody hell, i thought gskill ram was all fake given how much theyve been promoting it and nowhere has any for sale.

They do seem to pop into stock every few days or so, but quickly sell out.

I'll see what these clock to, and will likely still get a 6400Mhz+ kit eventually, though happy to upgrade to these for now!

Soldato
Crucial 16GB 4800Mhz next to Gskill Trident Z5 32GB 5600Mhz:

bSsv3mO.jpg

Crucial 4800Mhz C40 (Micron, so would not overclock 100Mhz..)

ItgNjqr.png

Gskill Trizent Z5 5600Mhz C36 Stock:

3nENxA4.png

Gskill Trident Z5 @ 6000Mhz C36 (passes 2 hours Karhu)

aZr9Spk.png

Installed pics (Not synced RBG's yet, plus top of case lights currently disconnected. Going with all white theme currently to match GPU)

sCddnwk.jpg

Overall very happy with the Gskill kit, at £410 inc vat & delivered it's a bargain compared to the overpriced 4800/5200Mhz Corsair micron junk.

Glad I've got Samsung IC's, as an easy overclock to 6000Mhz [email protected]. Will test 6400, 6600Mhz over the weekend, time to play now :)

Soldato

1. bSsv3mO.jpg

ItgNjqr.png

3nENxA4.png

aZr9Spk.png

Installed pics (Not synced RBG's yet, plus top of case lights currently disconnected. Going with all white theme currently to match GPU)

sCddnwk.jpg

Overall very happy with the Gskill kit, at £410 inc vat & delivered it's a bargain compared to the overpriced 4800/5200Mhz Corsair micron junk.

Glad I've got Samsung IC's, as an easy overclock to 6000Mhz [email protected]. Will test 6400, 6600Mhz over the weekend, time to play now :)

Excellent mate..

Soldato

Hello,

Have you done much with timings? You can probably knock tRAS down significantly. You're getting around the same latency as I am with "Micron junk". @ 5200 CAS 34

unknown.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom