**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Soldato
I like the 21u as an all round phone, the camera isn't as great as I thought it would be though. When photos flash up on Amazon photos, from when I had my Xperia 1ii, they are much better.
I'm not excited enough by it to want to get the next flagship as soon as it's out.
But I like the 21u enough to keep it for at least 2 years.
Battery lasts fine for me, I play quite a few games of COD and other silly ones.

Associate
I have a feeling the S22 Ultra or Note going to be very expensive what with the chip shortages and all wouldn't be surprised if it's pushing close to £1300 on launch. :/
The bog standard S22 could be the real gem this time around improved cameras & glass back & more compact size compared to the S21.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
S21U was the model to miss, way too bulky and curved screen, the S21+ was the better choice with the slim feel and flat screen, wish I had picked one up instead of the OnePlus 8T.

If the S22+ has a similar build then might pick one up at launch.

nam

nam

Soldato
Give it a few months after launch there will be lots of offers, managed to get my s21+ on a special deal from Amazon with trade-in

I have a feeling the S22 Ultra or Note going to be very expensive what with the chip shortages and all wouldn't be surprised if it's pushing close to £1300 on launch. :/
The bog standard S22 could be the real gem this time around improved cameras & glass back & more compact size compared to the S21.

Associate
OP
Not looking good for the Exynos 2200, apparently Samsung have started to pull all of their marketing materials for it, as pre launch its looking worse than all its counterparts in this space. Ih dear, if it is true I really don't like the idea of them palming them off in the UK. I'll most certainly just do an import.

Associate
Not looking good for the Exynos 2200, apparently Samsung have started to pull all of their marketing materials for it, as pre launch its looking worse than all its counterparts in this space. Ih dear, if it is true I really don't like the idea of them palming them off in the UK. I'll most certainly just do an import.

i seen that, apparently even worse than mediatek 9000, to be honest looking at the snapdragon 8 Gen 1 early results it looks like it can cook eggs and throttles like hell yet again. This is the only time in my life ive actually thought of going for the iphone 13 pro max, had androids since the start.

Associate
i seen that, apparently even worse than mediatek 9000, to be honest looking at the snapdragon 8 Gen 1 early results it looks like it can cook eggs and throttles like hell yet again. This is the only time in my life ive actually thought of going for the iphone 13 pro max, had androids since the start.

I so want the new s22 ultra. But these reports about both chipsets are putting me rite off.
I tend to upgrade when you can do the pre-order for the goodies. but I don't know this time. it also doesn't help we wont know how good or bad it really is until after nda`s are lifted and the reviews are out. and even then. some youtube reviewers do not give unbiased reviews.

Tbh I am at the point when I have started to look at ios and iPhone 13 pro max. The trouble is I am kinda locked into the Samsung ecosystem. S21 ultra (512gb) Samsung tab s7+ Galaxy Watch 4 LTE.

Associate
I so want the new s22 ultra. But these reports about both chipsets are putting me rite off.
I tend to upgrade when you can do the pre-order for the goodies. but I don't know this time. it also doesn't help we wont know how good or bad it really is until after nda`s are lifted and the reviews are out. and even then. some youtube reviewers do not give unbiased reviews.

Tbh I am at the point when I have started to look at ios and iPhone 13 pro max. The trouble is I am kinda locked into the Samsung ecosystem. S21 ultra (512gb) Samsung tab s7+ Galaxy Watch 4 LTE.

I've had android since its inception but I'm starting to get annoyed with where we are at.

The Exynos situation is a joke.

Remember how bad the Exynos was pre s21, I had the s20 plus and it was overheating and throttling.

How they can mess it up so close to launch is shocking, they probably won't support the SD properly as they are looking to get back to their own Next gen Exynos.

My s21 is great apart from the camera which is great in good light outside but inside not great. Also, have the Pixel 6 Pro which is so buggy at this stage .

Also debating the 13 Pro max , will wait until next month to see what happens with the s22 ultra and Pixel 6 bug fixes

Associate
I've decided 100% now i'm just going to stick with my S21 Ultra until next year & see if both Samsung & Qualcomm can sort out the issues first in next year's chips, if not i may also be tempted to switch back to Apple & pick up an iPhone 14 Pro or Pro Max.

Soldato
Not good news for Galaxy fans

leakers claim that exynos 2200 has problems that Samsung can't fix in time, so at the last minute it's getting swapped out for a snapdragon and this will reduce the volume of phones that can be shipped this year

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/202...ts-major-exynos-2200-launch-and-wont-say-why/

https://wccftech.com/galaxy-s22-launch-only-with-snapdragon-8-gen-1/

That's great news!

I may also jumpt to the iphone this year depending on how this pans out

I wish they made a phone to tempt me.

Soldato
Not good news for Galaxy fans

leakers claim that exynos 2200 has problems that Samsung can't fix in time, so at the last minute it's getting swapped out for a snapdragon and this will reduce the volume of phones that can be shipped this year

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/202...ts-major-exynos-2200-launch-and-wont-say-why/

https://wccftech.com/galaxy-s22-launch-only-with-snapdragon-8-gen-1/

I hope this isn't the case, I really wanted to see how the AMD GPU is compared to Qualcomm.

Back
Top Bottom