**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Probably will avoid this if they force the Exynos on Europe customers again :(:(. currently have a S21+ which still is working fine
I read the Ultra will ship with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 in the UK. I guess we will know on or around 17th of Jan.

Last edited:
Soldato
Battery life has really tanked since the update, and bluetooth is still droping in the car

December update is out , did you clear the cache on the phone I always do after a major update then run good guardians performance booster . I've got about the same battery wise though I'd expect less battery now as nearly 2 years old .

Last edited:
Associate
So I finally installed the latest build and got the One UI updates yesterday. Without wanting to fall into the "new is bad" old man trope, I do hate the notification and quick settings updates.

Feels like notifications are way less readable some how, like it's busier and I get less info glancing at it? I'm sure I'd get used to it but tempted to just change it closer to what it was if I can with Nova.

Quick settings I suppose I can keep and just reorder to get the ones I actually use into a better place but I'm really not sure why they've made it more Apple-y and all split into random boxes? Comparing it to my work iPhone I can see it's an attempt to copy their design (which I absolutely hate). Not checked what the main AOSP / Pixel design language is for a long time but surely they're not just homogenising with iOS are they?

Anyway rant over. As you were.

Man of Honour

I see the S23 Ulra has dropped to £602 now, glad I locked my recycle in at £620 when I did. Got 14 days from then to send it in at that price. Hopefully the S24 Ultra arrives on the 24th still.

Last edited:
Soldato

I see the S23 Ulra has dropped to £602 now, glad I locked my recycle in at £620 when I did. Got 14 days from then to send it in at that price. Hopefully the S24 Ultra arrives on the 24th still.
Thanks for the link - very handy as I'll be trading in my S22U somewhere else against the S24U given I couldn't trade in and get the extra £100 off. The trade in prices here are better too.

Last edited:
Associate
Maybe, depends on who you sell to, plus selling privately you need to include everything else like cases, chargers etc and box, with recycling you just literally send the phone after resetting it.
Whats your experience like sending into them?

I was considering sending in my S22 Ultra since webuyanyphone were offering over £400, but a quick look at their trust pilot suggests they don't take much care when testing phones. Reports of videos being sent of the wrong phone, damage appearing on the phone that wasn't there when they sent it etc. I'd be pretty irked if I sent my phone in that looks almost new, and they did something like that.

I was considering dropping the phone off at my local CEX but they've dropped the price now, and it turns out their highest tier also requies the box/cables etc. Which admittedly I do have the box, manuals etc. But I seem to be missing the useless short usb-c cable they sent. Which I guess is not surprising, I probably used it once then forgot about it, because it's too short to be functional for most use cases.

Man of Honour
I've used various phone recyclers before with no issue, not them specifically but used whatever was top result on the same comparison site. Never an issue and bank transfer the same day they get the phone typically.

Back
Top Bottom