iRacing

Man of Honour
Got my C license today, and with the extra bump it gives you, it put me at 3.5 SR. I was ready to go and do some wheel to wheel racing again and stop holding back like I have been this last week, but now I'm sat here thinking..."I can do that quite quickly you know..." :D :o

Man of Honour
C is easy for SR lol.
When you get to A4+ it starts to get annoying. I got 6x in a 45 minute race and lost 0.5!

It's easy but it's tedious as the races are so short. It's hard to get anything other than 0.1 even with a clean race on the 15-20 minute races in D class. C class should be a lot easier as you say, as there are longer races to do so fingers crossed I can get it done. B class is the content I'm most looking at doing as I love me some endurance racing

Soldato
It's easy but it's tedious as the races are so short. It's hard to get anything other than 0.1 even with a clean race on the 15-20 minute races in D class. C class should be a lot easier as you say, as there are longer races to do so fingers crossed I can get it done. B class is the content I'm most looking at doing as I love me some endurance racing

Congrats on the C mate, wont take long to get to B either to be fair. And yeah you're right, Endurance racing with a team is the best thing ever on iRacing, one hell of a buzz, I've done a few. :)

Soldato
Did manage an IMSA race at Mosport yesterday. It was as scary as expected, some not great driving from certain LMP2s but managed to get the end after only getting bumped off once by an LMP2. Lost about 5 seconds and had a tad bit of damage.

Soldato
Did a couple of races on Okoyama in the Mazda, and I'm baffled how people are in the 1.44s. I've just got into the 1.45s, barely. Just don't know what I'm doing wrong looking at some youtube laps. I've only played it in VR so might give the monitor a go, but it's just not as immersive. :confused:

Soldato
VR/Monitor shouldn't make a difference. I know one of the top TCR drivers (7k+ IR) races in VR.
Can you record a lap for us to see with inputs? Also I'm assuming that 1.44s are in the same session as different weather in different sessions can make a difference.

Soldato
Yeah these are all done in the official practice / race conditions.

I'm only upto D license so far, so I'm not kidding myself thinking that I should be lapping as quick as the top drivers, but trying to find 2 sec seems impossible.

Soldato
anyone participating in the ROAR event?
In the MX5 for memes tonight. I may regret it...

Edit: I messed up. I blew my engine an hour in as I lost track of what gear I was in at bus stop. 30 minutes of repairs I wasn't going to wait for. :p

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah these are all done in the official practice / race conditions.

I'm only upto D license so far, so I'm not kidding myself thinking that I should be lapping as quick as the top drivers, but trying to find 2 sec seems impossible.
Have you looked at virtual racing school (VRS)? - this will help find the extra time but it does cost

Soldato
Have you looked at virtual racing school (VRS)? - this will help find the extra time but it does cost
Never heard of it but I'll have a look, cheers.

I'm tempted to upgrade to a DD wheel and maybe some new pedals as the one I have is the old Forza branded fanatec setup, but I'm trying not to fall into the money pit of sim racing. I'm really enjoying it though, as long as I have a good clean race with someone I'm happy, even though it might not be for a podium.

Man of Honour
Craig’s Setup Shop is great if you have Amazon prime as you can connect your account to Twitch and pay for it via a free sub. That’s what I do as I never used the free sub otherwise

Soldato
Little bit of fun in the Mazda @ Okayama from yesterday, with a twist ;) just had a bit of spare time waiting on wife to drop, due date is today so just keeping semi occupied... I did also do some officials on stream too, but races ruined by idiotic Aussies in the Memestangs intent on ruining your race with horrific driving standards. I've seen some 1:43s which is absolutely nuts, I can do low 1:44s but never been able to break into the 1:43s myself. Some real aliens out there.

Enjoy anyway. Like I say, just a little fun this one.

Oh and by the way, if anyone needs any setups, I'm on both PDS and VRS so hit me up via DM.

Last edited:
Soldato
Did a couple of races on Okoyama in the Mazda, and I'm baffled how people are in the 1.44s. I've just got into the 1.45s, barely. Just don't know what I'm doing wrong looking at some youtube laps. I've only played it in VR so might give the monitor a go, but it's just not as immersive. :confused:

I just bought an iracing subscription today and finding the same, albeit with the formula vee. Managed a 1.03 on the testing, and then went into practice where people were doing 1.02 and 1.01. That's the difference between being 1st on the grid and 8th lol I daren't attempt a race just yet.

Switching betweeen monitor and VR was about the same. Still getting to grips with it all. My VR quality is terrible, and since found out I need to increase my GPU memory. Not sure why iRacing doesn't take what it needs like every other game.

If you are new to this like I am, add me as a friend and we can both be rubbish together :p

Associate
There's a few companies around who provide a similar service. Pure Driving School, Apex Academy and Craigs Setup Shop just off the top of my head...
Do they also do the coaching like VRS does? I've used their free datapacks for the Mazda quite a bit. Use Craig's Setup Shop for the setups, they're decent

Back
Top Bottom