*** Huawei Mate 40 Pro ***

Soldato
I find the current Samsung cams are like the OnePlus 8 pro. Potential to take very good shot but are just inconsistent and sub par processing. This is where the Pixel shines. Nails a shot almost every time

Soldato
I find the current Samsung cams are like the OnePlus 8 pro. Potential to take very good shot but are just inconsistent and sub par processing. This is where the Pixel shines. Nails a shot almost every time
Its the lack of detail with the FE that gets me... pretty much every outdoor shot at 100% crop looks like a muddy blurry mess in comparison to my previous phones.
The fact that everything is over exposed and over saturated doesnt help either reglardless of scene optimiser being on or off. I guess the instagram crowd love this look but its not for me.

The mate 40 pro is available directly from huawei uk with free wireless buds/case/car charger. Shame they are asking £1100 for it! interesting read regardless here https://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_mate_40_pro_long_term-review-2208p9.php

Caporegime
Ffs I wish this phone had Google services. Not happy with my S20 FE.

Always wanted this phone. But lack. Of Google seems a killer

Soldato
Its the lack of detail with the FE that gets me... pretty much every outdoor shot at 100% crop looks like a muddy blurry mess in comparison to my previous phones.
The fact that everything is over exposed and over saturated doesnt help either reglardless of scene optimiser being on or off. I guess the instagram crowd love this look but its not for me.

The mate 40 pro is available directly from huawei uk with free wireless buds/case/car charger. Shame they are asking £1100 for it! interesting read regardless here https://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_mate_40_pro_long_term-review-2208p9.php

Same here with the 8pro. As soon as I crop, the detail falls apart. Yet this is where the Pixel differentiates itself. Loads more detail preservation. The OnePlus cranks up the ISO which boggles my mind as it has a large sensor and OIS vs the Pixel.

Had a quick scan of the huawei review, camera rates as solid. Lack of OIS on main cam is still disconcerting. And at the end of the day with no google services its a no go.

I'm not expecting a great jump in camera with the S21 ultra but I have a slither of hope.

I wish Google would make a Pixel flagship...or Oneplus would make a great camera.

Caporegime
whats up with the S20 FE?

It's generally not really impressed me. And I have a issue with the touch pad. Was hoping to be blown away with the camera as its only thing I really want in a phone. And it's not that much better than my s7

Also the loss of headphone jack is annoying!

Soldato
Picked up a Mate 40 Pro Plus within. There is talk about the Mate 50 pro being round the corner but prices are going to be quite high on launch and there might not even a 'Plus' version similar to the P50 release so pulled the trigger.

9DnEJSPl.jpg
ck07upcl.jpg
minVrZAl.jpg

I did also look at a P40 Pro+ again but the prices for new device are crazy, nearly back to what I paid for it a few years ago. Maybe the P50 Pro would have been a wiser move,a lot cheaper than the Mate40Pro+ which seems to retain it's launch price. We'll see if buyers remorse kicks in soon.

**full GMS installed with HarmonyOS, lacking notifications is the only issue**

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom