2001 Honda Insight Mk1 - The OG hybrid now joined by a CRZ

Soldato
No idea why anyone would want to drive one of these. What do they have going for it?

Its not a pretty sight :(

Caporegime
Like an E36 chav wagon? :D

No :confused:

Other than the stigma attached to (modified) e36's, its a decent car with good dynamics.

The Insight looks rough, and has no driver dynamics of which to speak.

Not really an affliction of the Insight TBH. This actually does decent MPG.

Unless you actually venture out of the city centre/try and keep up with traffic.

Associate
There's a weird yellow coloured one that I see time to time round here, must admit I think it's quite cool in a this-is-the-future-but-now-looks-quite-dated kind of way :D

Caporegime
i just dont get this at all

you owned a JDM integra, and have now gone into an insight ??

You just CANT be a car person, which your previous car purchase would suggest. Drexel downsized, and got a cheap Golf GTI. Downsizing does not mean you have to sell your motoring soul.

If my sister in law bought one of these, id laugh and leave her to it. But an ex JDM integra owner

EH ??

Man of Honour
There is something I dont get about small super eco cars.

a) Small, lightweight super eco cars get good fuel economy
b) In order to benefit substantially from good fuel economy, you need to do lots of miles
c) Doing lots of miles in a small, lightweight super eco car is completely horrible.

You wouldnt go for an evening meal with the GF at McDonalds to save a few quid so why would you coop yourself up in such a pile of eco junk?

Back
Top Bottom