***HTC Magic Thread***

Probably been asked yonks ago, but with Google Navigation now available on the HTC Magic, can anyone recommend a decent-ish car kit for the phone? Mount and charger?

Or are they more-or-less the same on fleBay?

I'm after one of these two. ideally a mount that can rotate the phone between portrait and landscape for navving and non-navving moments!

I decided i'd have a go @ rooting my magic tonight, but failed on the FlashRec backup - I assume thats because i'm using android 1.6. For some reason i'm unable to fathom how to roll back to 1.5 to do this (as i need some goldcard or something). anyone able to help, or am i best just keeping to 1.6 for the time being?

Definitely got the feeling I should sell up and move to the Desire! The small screen is starting to bug and, as is the general performance of the thing at times. Still a great phone, it's just expectations have moved a great deal since this time last year :)

To stop me from being tempted by the Desire even more I'm going to finally flash my Magic.

Going to order a 8GB card, so hopefully be able to do it next week.

Anyone have any guide recommendations?

What recovery to use? I see that Amon_Ra is not compatible with apps2sd at the moment.

I think I'm going to straight to using the new CM 5.0.7t2 :D

Can they still be updated easily with CM Updater?

Thanks for any help. :)

That version doesn't appear on my CM updater v5.0. I will have to look into if one/either are out of date.

Currently latest I am able to us CM updater with is 4.2.15.1

I decided i'd have a go @ rooting my magic tonight, but failed on the FlashRec backup - I assume thats because i'm using android 1.6. For some reason i'm unable to fathom how to roll back to 1.5 to do this (as i need some goldcard or something). anyone able to help, or am i best just keeping to 1.6 for the time being?

I can't be bothered to change the URL's but this is a post i made to fix your very problem

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Format your SD Card from the phone menu.
• Download the HTC Android 1.6 base image - http://dx.infernix.net/DRC83_base_defanged.zip
• Download the Latest Cyanogen mod - http://n0rp.chemlab.org/android/update-cm-4.2.12.2-signed.zip
• Move the 2 image files above to your formatted SD card.
• Download the old 1.5 SDK for Windows - http://developer.android.com/sdk/download.html?v=archives/android-sdk-windows-1.5_r3.zip
• Open the downloaded SDK Zip Archive and find the Tools folder and the USB_driver folder. Extract these folders to C:\
• Download the latest CM recovery image - http://cyanogenmod.com/download/recovery/cm-recovery-1.4.img
• Move this file to C:\Tools
• Switch off your phone and hold down the back button and the power button to boot into FASTBOOT.
• Connect a USB cable from your phone to your PC.
• Try not to let Windows install the drivers automatically. If it does you can update the driver via device manager. Just point windows to C:/USB_driver and it will install the Android boot loader driver.
• Now open a command prompt. Right click and run as admin just to be safe. Make sure you’re still in FASTBOOT.
• Navigate to your tools directory:
• CD C:\
CD Tools
• Now simply type fastboot boot cm-recovery-1.4.img.
• The phone will reboot into Cyanogen recovery 1.4.
• DO A NANDROID BACKUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
• Select Wipe Data
• Select apply any update.zip
• Apply the DRC83_base_defanged.zip first.
• When complete do not reboot, go back into apply any update.zip again and apply update-cm-4.2.12.2-signed.zip
• Now you can reboot into Cyanogen!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
• Now install the recovery image properly onto your phone:
• Connect your phone to your PC and mount the SD card. Copy the CM recovery image (the same one you put in your C:\Tools directory) to the root of your SD card. Rename it to “recovery” (you need to do this as the terminal app on cyanogen can’t type numbers).
• Open the terminal app and type SU
• Now type flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
• Exit the terminal and test the recovery by turning off your phone and holding home and power together.
• Reboot.
• Now you’re done. Make a cup of tea and enjoy! 

Thanks for the post Alfie. :)

Just waiting for the 1.5 SDK to download, then I shall give it a go. Will use the lastest stable Cyanogen mod until the stable 5.x is out. :D

edit-------------->

Major head ****, I swear you posted that days a go, not yesterday. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom