• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Q6600 Go vs Q9550 or x3360

Man of Honour
Not particularly. My Gskill only has normal heatspreaders and they barely get warm. I used to have Dominator and it was'nt any better than other ram i have had. If anything the higher heatspreaders could cause problems with larger cpu coolers. The Kingston HyperX is good stuff and at a reasonable(ish) price too. I have a kit in my second pc and it has'nt let me down. Compatiability with motherboards seems very good with the Kingston stuff too.

I have settings for 3.8, 4.0 and 4.13Ghz too when you are ready. :)

Soldato
Not particularly. My Gskill only has normal heatspreaders and they barely get warm. I used to have Dominator and it was'nt any better than other ram i have had. If anything the higher heatspreaders could cause problems with larger cpu coolers. The Kingston HyperX is good stuff and at a reasonable(ish) price too. I have a kit in my second pc and it has'nt let me down. Compatiability with motherboards seems very good with the Kingston stuff too.

I have settings for 3.8, 4.0 and 4.13Ghz too when you are ready. :)

Could you post those settings please (4.13GHz def).

Man of Honour
You are going to need PC2-8500 ram but here you go.

3.8Ghz.

8.5x448 (3800mhz)
Vcore - 1.2500v
CPU GTL Ref - Auto
CPU PLL - 1.50v
FSB Termination voltage - 1.20v
NB Voltage - 1.20v
SB voltage 1.10v
PCI-e Sata voltage 1.50v (mimimum)

4Ghz

8.5x471 (4000mhz)
Vcore - 1.28750
CPU PLL - 1.56v
FSB termination voltage - 1.26v
NB voltage - 1.26v
SB voltage - 1.10v
PCI-e sata voltage 1.50v

4.13Ghz

8.5x486 (4130mhz)
Vcore - 1.325v
CPU PLL - 1.58v
FSB termination voltage - 1.28v
NB voltage - 1.30v
SB voltage - 1.10v
PCI-e sata voltage 1.50v.

Like i said before, your's may need different settings to mine but these should be a good base to start from. I am very close to getting 4.2Ghz stable as well, but it need's a bit more tweaking yet.

Soldato
OP
Mikey, you happy with the purchase at the moment? seen any results over the Q6600?

Haven't got the bits yet, so I'm still on my B3 etc.

V v tempted to order a Corsair 700D this week as I'll have the PC in bits etc.

Even though OCUK ****ed me off with the last 700D order :mad:

Soldato
OP
Got it all installed last night into my Corsair 700D, got a few issues to work through. Hard drive vibration that I didn't have before so going to mount the offending drives in the bottom.

Sorting cables out on the back etc. as I can't put the case side on at the mo.

Got a big difference in core temps, so need to re-check the thermal compound application etc etc.

Finally I have only been able to get to 3.6GHz so far on the chip, so got to look at that tonight too.

Still need to decide whether I want to put my extra Noctua fans in the case.

Temps are about 35C Idle and 54-59 under intel burn test

Back
Top Bottom