An Idiot Abroad 2

Soldato
Still its rather a good program to watch with some funny lines here and there. Still listen to their XFM show on YT courtesy of Telepop123 on the weekends, I do prefer when the lads are all together. Will keep watching though :)

I thought he was forced to take all the videos down by XFM's lawyers?

Soldato
I am pretty disappointed with this series tbh, I think the best bits where a few excellent quotes, that dive from the first platform tribe thing, his attitude around the hug party, and standing on the top of a plane and probably a few others which I cant think of.

They were drilling the "bucket list" as being the promotion and the theme, but they just didnt do it enough, and what they did of it he was like "nah not doing that"

Would have been much better viewing if he HAD to accept every challenge, or there will be no pay/no Karl Pilkington.

There should have been less touristy stuff (which was in the first series) and more adrenaline focused stuff I think and have them say "if you dont do the challenges" then you have to do XYZ, but make XYZ something seriously bad that you know Karl wouldn't do! or maybe put in a bonus incentive that actually works.

They could have thought about it much better, as a viewer it would have been much funnier in the second series if they had pushed that bucket list much more with crazy stuff not just walking around visiting tribes.

I found the whole bucket list idea a farse as there was a few, then it turned in to another travel show.

But he did come up with some good lines.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ricky said on Twitter two hours ago:

"There won't be a third Idiot Abroad but we might make a special of Karl cycling the globe with @WarickADavis in the basket. Is that wrong?"

So I guess that's it.

I can't imagine it's the last of him though and Sky would have been paying some big money.

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
Any thoughts about a third season?

Well, it was a big push to get him to do Season 2… I think Ricky did a very long, slow persuasion trick on him, so I wouldn’t anticipate the next one any time soon. It's whether he gets back home and doing his grouting and he thinks, ‘actually, it would be better if I was off sunning myself somewhere’.

I wouldn't hold out for it, but never say never.

http://sky1.sky.com/an-idiot-abroad/an-interview-with-stephen-merchant

Associate
I enjoyed the season but it wasn't as laugh out loud funny as the first, yet people think its more set up? bits felt more genuine, first time i've seen Karl laugh is in this season, multiple times and it lovely!

Back
Top Bottom