An Idiot Abroad 2

Man of Honour
They did a good job choose someone with a Manchester accent too. Just makes it even funnier.

I don't think it was that well thought out.
Pilkington was their radio producer who they would involve and then realised he had some crazy ideas/thoughts which could be exploited to be one of their funniest characters to date.
If they had picked him out from the start then I've been fooled.

Soldato
I don't think it was that well thought out.
Pilkington was their radio producer who they would involve and then realised he had some crazy ideas/thoughts which could be exploited to be one of their funniest characters to date.
If they had picked him out from the start then I've been fooled.

Ah yes I forgot about that. Still, I find his accent seems to make his thoughts and comments even funnier.
I don't think it would have been quite the same with most other accents.

Associate
I enjoyed the episode, and will watch the rest of the series as I loved the first series (and have been following them since their XFM days). But I do also feel that, while funny, this wasn't one of the stronger episodes. Let's hope the rest of the series picks up.

Man of Honour
At least not many Gervais parts in that episode.

Slightly annoyed, I would love to be on a island and have to survive for a few days.

And that land dive was insane. Can see me enjoying this series more.

Soldato
Anyone seen the second one yet? Parts are really funny, but there is one part which I was really dissapointed he didnt get to do, thought it let the episode down abit.

The bit at the end though when he makes the phone call to someone whilst in China had me in complete shock,lol!

Soldato
For anyone doubting whether Karl actually comes out with what he says, or whether it's scripted, I highly recommend you listen to his early days on XFM with Ricky and Steve.

Like has already been said, he was just their Producer in the Studio and didn't feature at all for a long time. Then one day they asked him something on air and he gave a ridiculous answer and it just grew from there, until he became part of the show.

Obviously they have to plan out what is going to happen in Idiot Abroad and he probably thinks up some comments beforehand, but it's still mostly his thoughts.

Have you read any of his books?
It's funny reading the words because you can just imagine him saying it. The ending of the first series where he goes to Wales pretty much all came out of the book he wrote years before, about how his holidays were always to Wales and they were probably the best he ever had.

As far as Idiot 2 goes... I'm enjoying it, but probably wouldn't say it's been quite as laugh out loud funny as some of the stuff in the first series so far.

Associate
As far as Idiot 2 goes... I'm enjoying it, but probably wouldn't say it's been quite as laugh out loud funny as some of the stuff in the first series so far.

Pretty much agree with this, I don't think it's as funny this series .. maybe because the first series was brilliant and this can't quite match it.

Soldato
Pretty much agree with this, I don't think it's as funny this series .. maybe because the first series was brilliant and this can't quite match it.

I think this series would be much much better if they focused more on on the bucket list rather than focus on the same stuff he done in series one, as I think the bucket list is a cracking idea. Just doesnt seem to be enough of it.

Soldato
Thought the Transsiberian one was hit and miss, but when it hit it was brilliant.

"How do they give you a facial here? Rub your face with a brick?" cracked me up to no end.

Soldato
I'm really struggling with this series, it's without a doubt far more scripted than the previous series (appeared to be at least). I did think tonights episode was the best one so far but I just can't picture last years Karl getting done up like a ladyboy like he was tonight, likewise the wrestling last week and the blindfolded Thai fighting tonight.

So far I've almost be forcing myself to laugh at parts of the show just so I don't sit through it in utter silence :/

Man of Honour
This is so much better than the 1st series.
And Gervais is actually generally being more funny than condescending *****,
Brilliant bit with monkeys and jobs.

Rather than last series taking the pee out of him for not wanting to get back on a camel after riding all day, who would.

Soldato
Its certainly different to Series 1, I am enjoying it though and I think he is a lot more daring in this series, maybe the fact he has done S1 he feels happier attempting things.

The train one was a bit of a bore I must admit but last nights was rather good, back on track for me and really looking forward to next weeks.

Soldato
The level of sheer cowardness he displays is actually really starting to annoy me. I wanted to see him bunjy jump... and there was only like 30 seconds of him in the shark cage. :(

Back
Top Bottom