Electric Shavers?

One

One

Soldato
Braun are super noisy. I have the ones with 3 heads, they cut perfectly if you shave in a circular motion. Braun could never get my neck hairs properly but my phillips one gets them perfectly.

Make sure you get a washable one so you can clean it under a running tap, makes life a lot easier! £30 is about the edge of a ok-good one, it might be worth waiting a week to save another ten quid to put towards your budget, or wait until xmas for a bit more money and buy one in a january sale. I use mine all year round, you'll probably find you do too even if it was only a £30 one, but you'd be wondering why you didn't spend an extra ten or twenty quid :p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Braun have never been as good as Phillips on my face and I have bought some SERIOUS shavers over the years from both brands, the Phillips always bests the Braun, but you need to go up the ladder to the top of the ranges I feel.

Soldato
OP
I'll start looking at Phillips then. What would be the best place to buy from? eBay or Amazon I guess? Though i'm tempted to pop into Argos tomorrow after work and have a wee look.

Soldato
Make your minds up! :p
I couldn't make my mind up so I just bought one of each....:D

DSC00513.jpg

Soldato
So is the Phillips one better then? :p
I mainly gave up with my Philip shaver as I have bought to replacement heads for it and they have both come with one blunt wheel out the three wheels..:(
And the heads cost around £40 each http://www.boots.com/en/Philips-RQ10-50-Replacement-Head-for-Arcitec-shavers_124214/

Before you buy any electric shaver,checkout the cost of the replacement heads ;)
As the Philips replacement heads seem to cost much more then other brands..
http://www.boots.com/en/Philips/Philips-Male-Shaving/Replacement-parts/

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Boots have sales on shavers about as often as DFS have sales on furniture, so it's worth taking a look there.

I had a Braun for the last 5 years or so. I bought it when that range had just been replaced by a "new" range, which was essentially the same thing with a more elaborate display. So the model I bought was knocked down from £110 to £55 to get rid of "old" kit.

It broke a few days ago and I lucked on to a similar situation to get an "old" model knocked down to £50 from £100.

£20-30 would probably get you either a pretty poor travel shaver (~£15), a budget mains-only shaver or maybe a budget rechargeable battery-only shaver (but it will probably take 16-24 hours to charge).

If it's at all possible, I suggest you up your budget a bit. £40-ish would get you more into midrange and that makes a lot of difference. Not only will the shave be much better but it will be cheaper in the long run because they usually last much longer. It will also charge much faster - 5 minutes charging would probably be enough for a quick shave and a full charge would probably be under an hour.

Washable ones are very convenient - just pop the top open and shove it under a tap. You can buy proper cleaners and they do a better job, but they'll probably stiff you on cleaning solution.

Back
Top Bottom