The **Now Eating** Thread

Man of Honour
They have announced on FB that the chips are unlimited again :)

nice one, ive just sent of a complaint email as we were told we had to buy extra portions and as a result of the skinny fries going cold/hard within minutes we all left most of them and went home hungry :D

Soldato
cainer, you going out for lunch has shattered my illusions somewhat. i always thought you were house bound and were due to be seen on a channel 5 documentary with a crane lifting you out of your house because your doors weren't wide enough. :p

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Starter tonight was fresh oysters. I went to my local fishmonger today to buy a bit of monkfish for tomorrow's dinner and spotted the oysters and couldn't resist. Served fairly standard with lemon juice and tabasco. Very fresh and very tasty.

nT1hiey.jpg

Main course was Pan-Seared Five-Spice Duck Breast with Balsamic Jus served with mushroom cous cous (I cheated, it was the Ainsley Harriet packet stuff :o), fine beans, spinach and carrots. Very, very tasty. I've saved the recipe to make it again. I cooked the duck for less time than the recipe suggested but it still wasn't as pink as I'd like it. Next time I'll miss out the oven bit and do it a bit longer on the skin side as the skin could have been a bit browner. Apart from that, a success. The jus was very nice.

jMyMHIo.jpg

I now have a kitchen that looks like a bomb's hit it :( Not doing anything about it tonight, it'll have to wait until tomorrow :p

Soldato
I'd like to try oysters. But I've only been to a few places that even serve them, and never had the nerve to order them. I'm always worried the texture of them going down would make me throw up :(

Man of Honour
another bad thing about the Beefeater new menu.. the chips are no longer unlimited :(

They have announced on FB that the chips are unlimited again :)

nice one, ive just sent of a complaint email as we were told we had to buy extra portions and as a result of the skinny fries going cold/hard within minutes we all left most of them and went home hungry :D

just got a £20 voucher from them :D

Back
Top Bottom