• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

R9 290X Owners Thread

Caporegime
Guys i'm looking at getting a better cooler for my Ref 290X, looking at something like this:
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HS-028-PL&tool=3

Is the vrm cooling any good using these?

I'd go with this one if i was getting a gpu cooler. Has good vrm temps and comes with a beefy vrm sink which screws into place. Definitely the best solution out there currently.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HS-011-RT&groupid=701&catid=2330&subcat=787

Mobster
Soldato
Asus GPU Tweak has no voltage unlock for me.

I could check out Trix, i used to use it long before i had this GPU, but i like MSI AB OSD, and don't want to run two OC apps at the same time.

Unless i can get the OSD to run independently from MSI AB?

You need to flash to ASUS bios...

Soldato
Paired with a blue PCB... eew.

Couldnt agree more. If the cooler was a nice ruby red colour then that would be a different matter.

Finally gotten round to water blocking my stock 290X as its been trying to bake me in my den the last week.

IC diamond 24 on the chip. Has dropped 30 degrees C delta temp at idle alone, vrm's at 30 and 34 degrees (idle). Will play some BF4 multi later and see what temp it maxes out at today (room temp roughly 19 degrees C)

Last edited:
Mobster
Soldato
Couldnt agree more. If the cooler was a nice ruby red colour then that would be a different matter.

Finally gotten round to water blocking my stock 290X as its been trying to bake me in my den the last week.

IC diamond 24 on the chip. Has dropped 30 degrees C delta temp at idle alone, vrm's at 30 and 34 degrees (idle). Will play some BF4 multi later and see what temp it maxes out at today (room temp roughly 19 degrees C)

Come on do some 1320/1700 benches

Back
Top Bottom