• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia GTX 980 Owners Thread

Associate
I managed to get a MSI 980 and after realising the cables to the X-Fi were fouling the fan :eek: all was wonderful

Taken the 3DMark from 4176 to 10410 (I know, I know... some people have twice that) which was previously set with 2 x 570GTXs.

One teeny tiny problem: my two monitors are a bit long in the tooth so only have DVI and VGA connectors. This was not a problem on the old 570s as they had twin DVI outputs. Little bit stuffed with the 980 as it only has one (with multiple HDMI and display port of course). The DVI splitter will only mirror the output so does anyone have any ideas?

I feel a new monitor coming on....

Associate
should be able to get a dvi to vga adapter the dvi-I port, and maybe a display port to dvi adapter/cable for the other.

or take the excuse to change monitors, all part of the fun!

Dan

Associate
Not a fan of the beta drivers nvidia released either yesterday or Saturday. Causing weird desktop artifacts for me if I hover over text and wait for that balloon / banner to appear. The strange thing is it's only them text boxes that get the artifacts.

Loving the card though.

Associate
Haha. If you tick box the beta release, experience will show you the new driver. I'm just going to roll back to the WHQL release tonight.

working fine for me will benchmark a few games but dont think there is any good reason to upgrade to them from a perfomance point of view.

Soldato
It has arrived !

gandalf_to_the_music.gif

And it is a beauty !

this_is_beautiful.gif

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Idle temps are verry niiice,

image.gif

Borat_Very_Nice.jpg

Will get some benchmarks done later when have time..

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice scores mate :)

Cheers bud.

--------------------------

DSR is awesome !

Reminds me of the old days where your CRT Monitor could change resolution and would always look sharp and correct.

Now my 1440P Screen, can effectively display beyond 1440P..

For those that haven't seen it.

You enable DSR in Nvidia Control Center, tick all the boxed for 1.2x 2.0x etc.

Then when in game you can select beyond your 'screen limited' resolution, up to 4K etc, (depending on your actual screen size) my screen seems to go beyond 4K.

The result is epic, not only are the jaggies gone, but there is more pop, as you are effectively looking at a 4K image on your 1080/1440P screen.

Good stuff Nvidia :)

For example: With DSR enabled, in game options LOTR.

res.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks :). Must resist the upgrade urge though , I'd like to see what AMD bring out and full fat maxwell,, but its tempting

Back
Top Bottom