• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

I haz 4090!
Don
titanx.jpg

Mine has just arrived too. Buyers remorse :D

Caporegime
You did note the resolution he was running right? You realise how many pixels that is compared to 1920x1080.

Jeez, some people will try and pick faults with anything.

Just in case you can't do the math it's around 5 times the amount of pixels as 1920x1080.

Suspended
You did note the resolution he was running right? You realise how many pixels that is compared to 1920x1080.

Jeez, some people will try and pick faults with anything.

Just in case you can't do the math it's around 5 times the amount of pixels as 1920x1080.

I don't care, my point is nearly £3000 yes £3000 worth of graphics cards surely should be pushing those pixels fast? I'm not picking at faults but I was to spend 3k and it wasn't maxing and running high FPS I would be severely disappointed in the money I've spent, they have 12gb of VRAM ffs so surely the resolution shouldn't be an issue?

Especially with GPU tech nowadays with what Nvidia say about the Titan X on their website.

Don't get me wrong it's a lovely setup.

Last edited:
Caporegime
nVidia never claimed the Titan X can run that resolution well?

Just because he's spent a certain figure doesn't guarantee max settings at that crazy resolution. We don't know what the FPS was anyway but it looked very smooth in the video and he could probably run higher.

Suspended
I didn't say that, I said what they claim to say about the Titan X, fastest in the world, the stats etc, all I'm saying is that 3x them I would expect them to max out everything with 60fps at least, wouldn't you? 12GB VRAM should be plenty for such a resolution?

Well at 4k at least I would hope it would max out, and if it didn't I would be disappointed in spending that amount of monies, his res is very high, yeah It does look smooth in video but he said medium so I assumed that's where his best performance was.

Turn it up and see what you get lenny?

Caporegime
Fastest in the world doesn't = 7680x1440 max settings capable?

12gb VRAM doesn't matter when GPU cores aren't at the level yet to provide enough grunt for crazy resolutions like that.

Do you feel bummed that your own rig can't max everything out yet you've spent money on it?

I also imagine 3 grand isn't as expensive to him as it is to you judging by your reaction.

Suspended
Fastest in the world doesn't = 7680x1440 max settings capable?

12gb VRAM doesn't matter when GPU cores aren't at the level yet to provide enough grunt for crazy resolutions like that.

Do you feel bummed that your own rig can't max everything out yet you've spent money on it?

I also imagine 3 grand isn't as expensive to him as it is to you judging by your reaction.

Pull your tongue out the titans **** I'm not being pedantic, I am simply stating with the tech we have now I would be ****** off if I spent 3k on THREE of them and couldn't max out, stop twisting what I am saying.

I'm not bummed at all I'm still rocking an x4 Phenom and a 6970 2gb and it's fine for for 1080p and I only spent £30 on the GPU all in all I spent about £100 on the whole rig and it plays everything I need decently ;)

My point was high price per performance, if it does 4k at 60fps which imo it should do perfectly then great, if you got the dough to buy the components then go for it, but not everyone is stupidly rich and can afford the components and if it struggles at the price point I would be gutted, but then if I had that amount of money to slap down maybe I wouldn't care, who knows!

Caporegime
You seem ****** off anyway without spending 3k so it's okay :)

You are simply stating what everyone knows anyway that todays tech can't run that resolution maxed out. I'm pretty sure he knew that before spending 3k, as anyone with an ounce of sense would.

Lets wait and see if he can actually crank the settings up :)

Suspended
I'm a little bit ****** off yeah for the lads who have spent that much and if all they are doing is playing on medium lol, but if they can spend that money and not care then sod it! I would definitely been disappointed myself personally.

But then again 3 monitors is overkill imo, if you like gaming like that then all is well and good, each to their own, one 4k monitor would suit me, heck I'm still on 1080p well I had two in my office, and that's perfect for me, 3 monitor setup would be great for driving games and a wheel etc, but that's all I'd want it for.

But yeah crank up the settings and then see how they perform, surely it's going to run just as good!!

Last edited:
Caporegime
It's no different to those who spend 1-1.5k on a rig and still can't max out 1080p or 1440p without drops below 60fps.

Obviously the higher you want resolution and settings the more you're going to need to spend and the worse price/performance gets.

The cutting edge of any hobby always gets extortionate.

Back
Top Bottom