• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
That video made me change from the Windforce to the Gaming now. I still maintain the 980Ti is a higher tdp GPU so the stock fan profile could be very different from the 980s in that video. Just feel the Twin Frozr should be slightly quieter and not too much hotter than the Windforce.

The video was showing 980 Tis, not 980s.

Yeah but how loud are these once they're in your case and you put on headphones or turn the speakers up? do you honestly notice it?

Yes you do notice it, that's why lower noise cards are highly valued by a lot of people.

Glad I ordered the ACX now. But that last one sounded great.

The Inno did sound the quietest but it was also the only one to have an odd rattle.

Soldato
Yeah but how loud are these once they're in your case and you put on headphones or turn the speakers up? do you honestly notice it?

Oh course you would. Not everyone sits isolated in a room with their ears pounding from how loud you'd need to put up headphone volume to counter that.

The G1 sounds horrific. I have the H440 which is a very nice and quiet case, and you can still hear the hum from my graphics cards. The G1 has a horrible whine to it that would easily be noticed.

Pity that Inno3D cooler has so much extra plastic, it's and amazing sounding cooler at max.
They need to look at that rattle though.

Associate
Well this is all very disappointing about the EVGA SC+ AC 2.0+. I ordered mine on 01/06/15 just after 4pm, was 5th in the queue so I thought I'd be within the margin for the phantom Friday delivery's set of dispatches. Bugger.

Soldato
Associate
Last edited:
Permabanned
I had 2 Gigabyte WF 780s and when you cranked up the fans on them both there was significant rattle at over 70%. That was on both cards but my two MSI gaming editions were very quiet even at high fan speeds. If I had to choose ,TI wise,I would go MSI everytime

Associate
I think something went wrong with the recording. The mic seems to be oversensitive or there's some kind of boost on the volume.

The cooler is the same on the GTX980Ti and TX and at 100% whack that's what it sounds like that.

Soldato
Odd, my 780's Windforce 3x did NOT sound like that under heavy load. Infact, it rarely even spun up to an audible level.

Sticking to the G1, I've changed my order so many times lol.

Edit: However, with the date of 16th also slapped onto the Inno3D and being cheaper than the G1... I'm Tempted, I have the room in the case.

Last edited:
Associate
Odd, my 780's Windforce 3x did NOT sound like that under heavy load. Infact, it rarely even spun up to an audible level.

Sticking to the G1, I've changed my order so many times lol.

Edit: However, with the date of 16th also slapped onto the Inno3D and being cheaper than the G1... I'm Tempted, I have the room in the case.

I should send you one of my TXs, you are going to drive yourself crazy :eek:

Soldato
psyb.jpg

Much better photo than last time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom