• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Oh wow, that's some major temp difference for my two cards in SLI. Adding another card might boost that even more for idles. Both still on reference coolers.

UKpfob8.gif

PIIrFkz.gif

for the few that have been fortunate enough to have received there
Gtx 980 TI'S how are you finding them? Love'em
are the drivers serving you well? No issues at all in everything I used them on
any particular tweaks to get it going how you like? Simply turning on SLI, and G-Sync
what are your overclocking results? Not bothered, the Superclocked cards do well enough
are you on stock cooler or water? Stock reference cooler
what are the temps like? Idles are good, temps peak at 84 for 1290Mhz, quiet and no throttling

I find display port has a flicker now and then,
I take it the drivers need to be optimized as a lot of titan x owners currently face the same issue,
anyone have any input on this flickering problem I am using a Asus monitor with a GSYNC module installed when they were first released?
I have no flicker or issues with my ROG Swift. It's been a treat, it might be a dodgy cable, if not it's the monitor probably.

Last edited:
My Titan Xs are ~38-32 (depending on ambient ofcourse ~26c) running a 4K screen, but have a 2-slot spacing. I'm also using a extra fan inside the HDD cage to push more air into the stock coolers. (might want to try that)

9-10c is pretty much the normal for temp difference with sli. What are they like at load?

Temps at load are both 84 peak without throttling and higher than rated boost. So it doesn't seem an issue.

My Titan Xs are ~38-32 (depending on ambient ofcourse ~26c) running a 4K screen, but have a 2-slot spacing. I'm also using a extra fan inside the HDD cage to push more air into the stock coolers. (might want to try that)

Yeah, I'm planning on replacing my stock H440 fans with some decent ones. I'm just afraid that if I add a 3rd card I might get some throttling on the boost clocks if I don't add some better fans.

I have double spacing as well, but the bottom card is right up again the SSD's. Actually had to remove one otherwise it would be directly over the fan, blocking air.

Photo below
USb7KUO.jpg

Last edited:
My personal favourite fans for intake are Silverstone air penetrators. Found them to be great for directing air between sli cards. Use theese in the primo case in sig. But I've also modded the front panel with a 240mm radiator grill to improve air intake.

Just had a text message to say mine will be here today. Going to spend time emptying my case, cleaning my 780sc for eBay and then cleaning my mechanical keyboard. Yay.

Is it a good or bad idea to use compressed air cans to get the dust out of an old GPU?

My personal favourite fans for intake are Silverstone air penetrators. Found them to be great for directing air between sli cards. Use theese in the primo case in sig. But I've also modded the front panel with a 240mm radiator grill to improve air intake.

I'll certainly have a look, I kept getting back tot he Noctua NF F12 because they do well in air starved areas, although aren't as quiet as others.

Oh snap, just found this really good comparison of fans on the H440 as well.

http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/25nkyi/discussion_6way_120mm_fan_test_featuring_the_nzxt/

I've also been burned by this EVGA fooling around much like Agnes and others in the thread (I was in line for the SC+ ACX 2.0). This phantom delivery of the cards just seems to spinning many other UK suppliers in circles too. It's a shame when the brand seems to otherwise have a somewhat good reputation.

It's no fault of the OCUK customer service team who have been brilliant throughout putting up with my constant ringing and live chat badgering, but it's a shame and it's soured me from pre-ordering in future.

I'll probably just play it safe and go for the G1 where the staff seem much more confident in the brand to actually deliver.

I've got no chance of getting one on the 16th unless overclockers are getting 100+ stock

Very small amount, nowhere near enough to cover all backorders.

The big volumes are coming only on Gigabyte G1 and OcUK 980Ti at the moment I am afraid, order those if you want a card by end of next week. :)

I just ordered one now so I'm guessing I'm around ~40 in the queue. If Fury X reviews place it above then I'm gonna have to try cancel my order fast before it gets shipped lol.

Just had a text message to say mine will be here today. Going to spend time emptying my case, cleaning my 780sc for eBay and then cleaning my mechanical keyboard. Yay.

Is it a good or bad idea to use compressed air cans to get the dust out of an old GPU?

A bit of careful air blasting has never done any harm to my many GPUs in the past.

Back
Top Bottom