• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
Fan was a bit noisy, but I have now connected it to a motherboard header and got it running at a fixed 60% duty cycle. Much quieter, temps still didn't go above 55 deg C and you could feel the heat being shifted out the back :D

Great looking card Alexp999!

I'm sooo looking forward to having mine soon. I'm in Ireland and 2 day DPD means I'll get it on Tuesday, probably early next week before I can get pictures of the card in my case though.

Have 2 weeks vacation coming up (staycation) so can't wait to push my new card with my ROG Swift. I also bought a set of Noctua NF-S12 fans to replace the corsair ones that came with my case and a few extra for the AOI cooler on this card and my CPU AIO cooler as well so a nice little project to enjoy.

Have you tried OC'ing your card yet?

Associate
Great looking card Alexp999!

I'm sooo looking forward to having mine soon. I'm in Ireland and 2 day DPD means I'll get it on Tuesday, probably early next week before I can get pictures of the card in my case though.

Have 2 weeks vacation coming up (staycation) so can't wait to push my new card with my ROG Swift. I also bought a set of Noctua NF-S12 fans to replace the corsair ones that came with my case and a few extra for the AOI cooler on this card and my CPU AIO cooler as well so a nice little project to enjoy.

Have you tried OC'ing your card yet?

Not yet, I want to change the Rad fan first, then will see what it is capable of. ASIC quality is about 78% iirc.

Associate
Errrr I've just had a text to say that DPD are delivering my card today! Since when did they deliver on a Sunday?! Was expecting it tomorrow....

EDIT: this is on the standard free delivery option.

Last edited:
Associate
Ok, my bios was actually the latest one so cannot update any further, i installed the latest drivers (hotfix version) and still doesnt work although i didnt expect the drivers to make a different as i cannot see it in bios anyway. I have RMA'd the card back now so got the gigabyte 970 gaming back installed. One think i noticed, when i put the 970 back in to install the drivers and flash the bios (didnt need to), the 970 was quite toasty after maybe 3 minutes, when i install the 980ti (and i am getting no signal detected from the display), when i take it back out, its stone cold. The fans rotate and the windforce light comes on but just no signal is detected, i have tried reseating it 10 times now in different pci-e slots and even changed over the PSU PCI-E leads (modular corsair 850w) and also tried display ports and both DVI connectors and my monitor is just saying no signal detected. as soon as i put the 970 back in, it works first time. I have been upgrading PC's for over 20 years, (i think i had voodoo2's in SLI) But never had a dead gfx card before and pretty pi**** off about it as i paid £20 for next day saturday delivery (would like this refunding if possible) and now i am going to be waiting for ages to get the second card. As i have only had the card 12 hours, do i have to wait for it to be tested or will the send one out asap?

I have seen a few others struggling with z68 chipsets now, anyone running a as U.S. gene 1v z gen3 with a 980ti? Seems strange it works with a 970 and not a 980ti as both are new cards.....

Soldato
Does anyone else have a split second full screen artifact / glitch with the latest drivers (353.30) and version of GPU-Z (0.8.4)? Happens when GPU-Z loads and also when I switch between GPUs using the drop down menu. Very odd...

Edit: Doesn't matter what version of GPU-Z I use. Seems to be either driver or hardware related then.

Last edited:
Soldato
Folks, any memory clock increase is basically doubled isn't it? So for example adding on 100MHz means 3600+100 = 3700, doubled up to 7400?

Are there any other settings I need to increase (e.g. voltage etc?)

Also what kind of memory clocks would it be safe to start off with?
Cheers folks :)

Soldato
Go straight to 300 on the men and start from there tbh

Are you just lurking here waiting for me to post :) ? Thanks JF! Will try it now!

By the way while you are around, back on the GPU core voltage, you mentioned you were running at +45mV. Is this relatively safe?

Im still getting some random crashes on Firestrike when running at +100MHz (takes it to nearly 1.48GHZ or so), just wonder if this is voltage related still.

Incidentally, my fan still only runs around 30-40% when this thing reaches 77C, does this sound normal?

Associate
Every fan profile is custom tuned by the manufacturer, so it is "normal".
You're safe with +87mV, it's not much really, wish voltage was unlocked.

Got to 1500+ with a custom bios, then came back to the stock one, leaving it @ 1460/1950. Don't want to mess it up just to play with benchmarks.

Soldato
This MSI gaming I have seems good.

Fixed fan to 70%, still can barely here it in the case over the other fans. And it general everything is pretty quiet.

Powerlimit 109 (why cannot this be 110?)
Temp limit 85c
+70 Core
+100 memory

Just played a game of BF4 and I don't think it dipped below 120fps...and temps never rose above 65c for the card!

Astounding!

firstrike score 15998

Edit: Update to a custom fan profile...took default and mad it a little more aggressive.. temps now hit 69c.

I think this card might be the best card I've ever had for overclocking...I know I've only added 70 so far, but its already OC'd ootb.

Last edited:
Soldato
image1.jpg

Arrived yesterday but was forced to go down the pub within minutes of installing it :p Only just getting a chance to play with it now!

Associate
Errrr I've just had a text to say that DPD are delivering my card today! Since when did they deliver on a Sunday?! Was expecting it tomorrow....

EDIT: this is on the standard free delivery option.

im expecting my cards delivered tomorrow i didnt receive ny information about my cards coming today.

maybe an error

Back
Top Bottom