• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Soldato
Never used event viewer but its reporting as a event "41" kernel power.
"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

Just FYI, the only thing I did bump up was the voltage to +87 on Firestrike Ultra.

Soldato
Dang, you read my mind, I just tried it this second and came back to report that its working fine, thanks.

So does this mean I cant run with aggressive settings (as I was doing on Firestrike standard and extreme)?

Associate
On full load my 980ti seems to make a funny noise, the best way I can describe is when a cable slightly touches a spinning fan (I've checked and there's no cables in the way). Is this a normal noise?

Soldato
On full load my 980ti seems to make a funny noise, the best way I can describe is when a cable slightly touches a spinning fan (I've checked and there's no cables in the way). Is this a normal noise?
Try whacking the fan manually up to 100% and see if you get the same sound.

If not, it then sounds like coil whine etc.
Tbh its not an issue I reckon.

Associate
At 100% speed I can't hear anything but the fans :) The noise only really becomes apparent at about 45 - 50%

It's something I can live with as I previously had a Corsair H80i installed and on full load that thing made a racket. the 980ti is nowhere near that level of noise.

Associate
My EVGA card has a really annoying resonating sound at certain fanspeeds :(
I heard about this on the 780 series but I thought they had fixed it.

If you have the EVGA ACX 2.0 fan solution. Take a look at this thread:
EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0 Annoying Fan Noise at 35-37% RMP

Might be of some help. Do not have any ACX 2.0 myself yet. Probably going for the EVGA 980 Ti Classified (when available). But researched a little, and stored that link for later.

Back
Top Bottom