• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Soldato
Hey Varkanoid how is the Samsung U28D590 you have compared I was looking at one of them but thought the acer with g-sync was a good idea when I bought it from looking at the recent reviews on the shop page. Looks like I was so wrong.

Going a bit off topic but to be honest I am loving it just for the pure fact the screen is decent and (touch wood) has no "Acer" issues. I was a bit sceptical about the stand as people commented it makes the monitor wobble but I dont have that problem. The Samsung also has the same panel as this Asus PB287Q and I went with the Sammy as I dont like Asus products.

The picture quality of the screen is no different from the XB280HK I just wish it had g-sync then it would be perfect. To be honest I loved the XB280HK it just went bad very quickly and then I had all the Acer Customer Service issues so now I wouldnt touch any Acer product with a barge pole.

One thing's for sure I cant go back to 1440p or lower its just not the same.

The Samsung will do me until the Monitor market sorts their act out and produces good quality reliable screens. Bringing it back on topic I am quite pleasantly surprised how the 980ti copes with 4k games over the 980SLI I had previously.

Associate
My MSI Gaming can go ~1550 if it doesn't throttle from temps. This case doesn't provide the most efficient airflow. I need to know how to do this bios thing :confused:

Is it temp? Fire up gpuz or AB and see what flag is causing throttle. Temp throttle cant be changed in the bios you just need to put fan speed up or better cooling. If it is power that is causing throttle you can change that in bios.

Associate
My amp does 1470 on the core 8000mhz on the memory.

Though thinking about this if the memory contributes to the tdp limit it might be worth leaving memory at stock to give the core more tdp room to boost.

Pretty much the same as mine (EVGA ACX). Currently running on stock volts. I may see how much more it can go with a bump in voltage.

Soldato
Mine seems to of started to have some issues. Was absolutely flawless Friday and Saturday but today I have noticed a lot of problems particularly in BF4 and GTAV.

In GTA the frames keep dropping to single figures where as before I was getting rock solid 60 with vsync. Went onto BF4 earlier and I was struggling to maintain 70fps on 48+ player servers. Although I did have a go at BF4 CTE on friday and was easily well over 100fps on dragon valley.

The only thing I did change was the dynamic super resolution option to give that a go. Since turned it off but the problems persist. Any ideas?

If you're in 4K DSR with high MSAA on that would do it.

Associate
I've always wondered how the different brands decide core speeds. The numbers are so specific (like 1278 or something). For example, why don't MSI just up there core the extra 25mhz to beat the G1?

Associate
I'm getting crashes so much now with this card..my previous overclock which was always stable is now crashing..

It is never stable apart from if it's on stock clocks..may return this card not very happy with it now

Last edited:
Soldato
Has anyone owned a 290/X reference card and a 980 Ti reference? Would you say that Nvidia's cooler is quieter at the same fan speed percentage?

I can't find any comparison videos of the two coolers :(

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Decided to treat my excellently OC'ing 980 Ti to a full cover and back plate:-

IMAG00991_zps2bd5tgdu.jpg

Back
Top Bottom