• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** GTX 980Ti @ £479 Inc. VAT !! **

Caporegime
Would be really interesting to know how many 980ti's vs how many fury x's overclockers has sold. Can you shed any light on this Gibbo?

Permabanned
It'll be hundreds and hundreds more as there simply isn't the Fury stock and even if there was most people will be looking at performance figures as we see them now and going for the Ti's, Especially when you can find models as cheap as this every now and then. I mean the cheapest Fx is 530 quid while you can find Ti's going cheaper nearly every week. And pretty good models at the same 530 quid mark.

OcUK Staff
OP
Would be really interesting to know how many 980ti's vs how many fury x's overclockers has sold. Can you shed any light on this Gibbo?

LOL, it is not even comparable!

About 400pc of Fury, could be a lot more if better stock availability.
Nearly 6000pc of 980Ti. :eek:

OcUK Staff
OP
Are price drops on the Fury likely when supply increases?

Assuming that it will, of course...

Unlikely, prices will go up as exchange rates weakening, so a price drop would require AMD to move the price, not the resellers.

Seems very unlikely they will drop in price because we could have sold 1000 units if we had more supply.

Associate
Unlikely, prices will go up as exchange rates weakening, so a price drop would require AMD to move the price, not the resellers.

Seems very unlikely they will drop in price because we could have sold 1000 units if we had more supply.

Fair enough.

It's a shame as it's a decent competitor to the hybrid Ti cards but I think it would need to undercut a bit more to really fly off the shelves (assuming supply was unlimited).

Associate
Got mine yesterday, reapplied TIM as the coverage of the original wasn't great (as usual). Managed to overclock it to 1455/3954 with temps hovering around 65, so overall I'm really happy with my purchase. :)

Back
Top Bottom