• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** GTX 980Ti @ £479 Inc. VAT !! **

Caporegime
i.e. a fair few cards are shipped without backplates, so if they're essential, someone really ought to tell ASUS etc or they're going to be getting a hell of a lot of RMAs in the near future.

But they are not essential and more of an aesthetic thing really. In fact, on certain GPUs, the backplates can act as a heat trap and can make the card warmer.

Caporegime
This and nice one Arc. You will be chuffed to bits with the performance and I hope you give some feedback on it.

Cheers, Greg. Will do. :)

In actual fact, I've started to need a bit more performance a while ago, though for most titles, the 7970 has been good enough. I was hoping to last another six to eight months or so to make it my longest serving gpu, but no chance, not with this deal. :D

As Linus touched on, for performance per dollar, either get the 970 or 980ti. I've always wanted to try out a KFA2 card, and now I can. :)

Caporegime
Gotta say I've been very impressed with the 980ti. I was a bit worried coming from sli 780, pretty powerful but hot and loud. Its been a great switch. Performance isn't that much different but the drop in noise and heat is amazing.

Back
Top Bottom