• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** GTX 980Ti @ £479 Inc. VAT !! **

Caporegime
Gotta say I've been very impressed with the 980ti. I was a bit worried coming from sli 780, pretty powerful but hot and loud. Its been a great switch. Performance isn't that much different but the drop in noise and heat is amazing.

And smoother too, I suspect? :)

Caporegime
It is yep, playing a spot of crysis 3 and bf4 lately, much better in the latter. Sli if late has been rather hit and miss depending on drivers. That's not to say it has put me off though as I've owned quite a few sli setups over the years. Will be a while though before I consider 980ti sli, spent way too much on pc parts in the last few weeks.:o:D

Caporegime
It is yep, playing a spot of crysis 3 and bf4 lately, much better in the latter. Sli if late has been rather hit and miss depending on drivers. That's not to say it has put me off though as I've owned quite a few sli setups over the years. Will be a while though before I consider 980ti sli, spent way too much on pc parts in the last few weeks.:o:D

Yeah, it won't be too far down the line before I buy a new drive, possibly a well priced pci-e one. :D

Oh, and a new monitor isn't too far off either. Well, I've had the current one over six years. :D

Soldato
Anyone got a picture of the memory/VRM cooling? Wondering if it has a separate heatsink like the msi gaming or if it's all connected.

Thinking of using a universal block and would love a heatsink that stays on the board when the main cooler is removed

Associate
Anyone got a picture of the memory/VRM cooling? Wondering if it has a separate heatsink like the msi gaming or if it's all connected.

Thinking of using a universal block and would love a heatsink that stays on the board when the main cooler is removed

looking at it from the side it could be. This card offer is a great option for any body who wants to water cool.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Not a bad deal at all actually. If I never had not upgraded to a 295x2 already, I would have got it at that price I think, after selling code it is nearly £450 :)

Soldato
Get in there man, if it was me id be all over it like a cheap suit.:D

Unfortunately I've maxed out this month. Bread and water diet for a while.:D

Surely just a beer diet? :D

I sold my 290x the other month and went back to my 7970, with the idea of waiting until next year, must resist! I must.

Caporegime
Off the beer for a few weeks mate. Between the card in sig and my X99 parts I've went through the best part of a thousand quid on parts lately. Need to let the bank balance recover.:D

Back
Top Bottom