*** The New Cases Gallery ***

Associate
^Very nice, any reason for the front fan layout? where is the one near the PSU connected? My brain hurts.

cheers, since upgrading to a r9 290 the 200mm fan wasn't blowing enough cold air into my case so increase in temps. So removed the front fan grill, using plasticard made a mount for the 140mm fan which is attached to the 200mm fan screw holes, doesn't look too pretty from the otherside but does the job :D
The fan mounted near the GPU was a spare ready to return but seen on here members with multiple gpus mount a fan in the same position to push air to both cards, thought I would give it a try and my max gpu load temps are about 65 degress. Big drop from 80+ when using the 200mm Bitfenix fan.

How is that fan near the GPU attached?

fan is attached by 2 cable ties and 2 mounting bases.

Associate
cheers, since upgrading to a r9 290 the 200mm fan wasn't blowing enough cold air into my case so increase in temps. So removed the front fan grill, using plasticard made a mount for the 140mm fan which is attached to the 200mm fan screw holes, doesn't look too pretty from the otherside but does the job :D
The fan mounted near the GPU was a spare ready to return but seen on here members with multiple gpus mount a fan in the same position to push air to both cards, thought I would give it a try and my max gpu load temps are about 65 degress. Big drop from 80+ when using the 200mm Bitfenix fan.

fan is attached by 2 cable ties and 2 mounting bases.

What fans are they and are they loud or not quiet?

Associate
Soldato
Two Titan X GPUs and a Nofan CR-95 in a FT05

Outside view:

FT05_Outside_view_zpsvsrg8ueu.jpg

Inside view:

FT05_Inside_view_zpsqyklgtcz.jpg

Close-up of cabling at bottom:

FT05_Main_Cabling_2_zpsyvborgz6.jpg

Those are a couple of adhesive clamps from B&Q keeping the cables sort-of-tidy.

The horror story at the back:

FT05_Back_zpsqm7cvi9e.jpg

I could not keep the 3.5" drive bay and decided to remove the optical bay as well.

Associate
My Galaxy S5 refuses to take a decent picture.

EQyKWOv.jpg

I need to do the visible cables a bit better but I'm pretty happy with it. The loudest thing is now my AIO cooler. :D

Associate
Kh2AMaTl.jpg

something for the weekend!

corsair air 540

ek pe 360 and 240 rads
xs pc cpu and gpu waterblocks
ek res and pump combo
ek fittings
barrow 90`s
primochill tubing

got a few jobs left to do like sort out sag on graphics card and cabling oh my god the cabling:D

p.s i dont know how others have faired with 360 rads and lower plate but i had to butcher the front of this case to get it in.

Associate

AMD FX-6300 @ 4.3ghz 1.3v
Asus M5A99FX Pro R.20 Motherboard
16gb Hyper X Fury @ 2133mhz
VTX Radeon R9 390 8gb
EVGA 1000G PSU
Kingston 120gb SSD (for Windows 7 Ultimate)
3x 500gb HDD (Games Drive, Programs Drive, and Random Junk Drive)
NZXT Source 340 Case
Cooler Master Seidon V120 2.0 Water Cooler
Corsair SP120 fans all round..

Associate
Not sure, if I am the first one to post a Lian Li desk build, but here's mine anyway :)

DSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

DSC_0001.JPG

3 x Corsair SP120 Quiet fans drawing cool air into case from left hand side.

1 x Corsair SP120 Quiet fan exhausting warm air out of rear.

2 x Corsair SP120 Quiet (either side of rad) exhausting warm air out of right hand side.
1 x Corsair PWM SP120 Quiet fan (rad) exhausting warm air out of right hand side

Apart from the radiator fan, the other 6 are connected to, and controlled by, a Phanteks fan hub.

A very quiet system at the moment, but still tinkering with fan noise levels vs temperature.

I can also install 3 fans at the front of the case, if need be as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom