What "man jobs" have you done today?

What's the cost of the dorma? That's very similar to my loft space.

Jobs done recently (not all today I'm afraid):

Stripped lining paper from back room, removed all the skirting board too ready for a fresh plastering, chased out the sockets, painted the front door, put down mice traps, replaced some stretched of floorboard and today I will be making a chilli/spice grower.

Have you strengthened the joists for use? Also with an attic room I think there's a couple of regulations required - like having a skylight window escape route in event of fire, and tying the fire alarms together so that if a fire in the third floor is detected people on the first floor (and vice versa) are alerted.

What's the cost of the dorma? That's very similar to my loft space.

Best part of 31k. plus white goods and tiles, its to expensive to move around here even using the money towards a deposit etc on a new place the rooms are no bigger.

Have you strengthened the joists for use? Also with an attic room I think there's a couple of regulations required - like having a skylight window escape route in event of fire, and tying the fire alarms together so that if a fire in the third floor is detected people on the first floor (and vice versa) are alerted.

all being done by a loft conversion company, they have and are doing everything.

Building control have signed of.

Yes you must have the connecting rooms to the loft with fire alarms or fire doors.

Wow. £31k is a lot, but will that be reflected in the value of the property?

I want to move TBH, I don't like living on a main (ish) road with the nippers. It's not that they don't know the dangers, and not to run out of the house, etc. it's just that it's cack for them playing out. I always lived on cul-de-sacs and could play out whenever, makes a big difference.

Having said that, your £31k might be closer to £25k here. Something to ponder.

It passed the soak away test. 4 buckets of water. :)

2016-02-04%2016.39.19.jpg

2016-02-04%2016.41.27.jpg

2016-02-04%2016.41.53.jpg

So you can see how it will look kind of. I have two screw in eyes that screw into holes in the slabs, then I put a bar through them and lift one slab off at a time.
Just been jumping up and down and them and they are very solid. I have no worries about them breaking.

2016-02-04%2016.42.43.jpg

2016-02-04%2016.43.39.jpg

Wow. £31k is a lot, but will that be reflected in the value of the property?

I want to move TBH, I don't like living on a main (ish) road with the nippers. It's not that they don't know the dangers, and not to run out of the house, etc. it's just that it's cack for them playing out. I always lived on cul-de-sacs and could play out whenever, makes a big difference.

Having said that, your £31k might be closer to £25k here. Something to ponder.

Its a hard one, i think i will get a minimum of 20k return on investment. We are a 3 bed end terrace house in a ex council estate, its one of the cheaper houses to buy in Leighton buzzard and they get snapped up all the time within days of listing, to get what we will have once finished i would need 350k, this house will owe me over 100k less, we have a huge garden and drive so it just seemed worth it. our third bedroom is tiny so this made sense will give us a second bathroom too which we need.

I can't believe you got rid of that wood panelling [/sarcasm]. Looks really nice, I'd love to have a house that has a fireplace in it.

we got 5, 3 were boarded up (bedrooms) the 2 reception rooms were that horrible panneling.

you can see the 2nd here.

8cjvk3Sh.jpg

ive done the one, the 2nd one is next on the list and only the master bedroom one is being opened up aswell

ive since put up a wall between the rooms and plastered it, new skirt etc..

DauW6VNh.jpg

**excuse my cheat plastering on the chimney breast also, im not a plasterer or any kind of trade person but like stuff being done by myself.

It passed the soak away test. 4 buckets of water. :)

So you can see how it will look kind of. I have two screw in eyes that screw into holes in the slabs, then I put a bar through them and lift one slab off at a time.
Just been jumping up and down and them and they are very solid. I have no worries about them breaking.

When we seeing it in action?

Decided to give our shower cubical a refresh.

Has a mira excel shower and Mira response fixed shower head so I was able to buy straight swap replacements. So changed everything from an old off white colour to a shiney new chrome and also the cartridge as it dripped a bit.

Also re-sealed the edges as it had gone black.

Just a question though, I turned off the water at the stopcock and also the feed for the water cylinder to stop the hit water. Taps were empty in both bathrooms. But when I removed the excel cartridge to swap cold water was rushing out as if it was connected directly to the mains.

Had to just quickly swap them over with water going everywhere :p

What's the deal with that anyone know?

Strange - If you have a cylinder up a height, maybe there was still water in the pipes to the shower and the gravity gave it the flow? Although sounds a lot of water so unless somehow the tank was still full and for some reason hadn't emptied to the taps?

I didn't so probably that, what and where is a header rank out of interest? It was only cold water and a lot of it!

I did it in a stupid order too so was swapping the parts with the sealent out so had to wedge a bucket in there to catch the water! Was rather frank Spencer but it looks good now :p

When we seeing it in action?

I think I will test it our prior to finishing the rest of the slabs just in case they do crack or break :o
The weather has been raining every night so I havn't been able to have a fire though. I will make a video or take some pictures as soon as we have some better weather, been itching too all week :D :p

Been using my shed for a bit of woodwork, the cheap screwfix table saw failed on me a few weeks ago so it's a good chance to organise the shed seeing as I have no money for a new saw.

Dig out all the unwanted bits.
IMG_3699.JPG

After loading most of it in the car
IMG_3708.JPG

Little PPE station with bluetooth speaker and homemade iPhone holder :D
IMG_3709.JPG

Big pile of clamps/squares/chisels etc
IMG_3710.JPG

Now I can find a clamp!
IMG_3711.JPG

IMG_3726.JPG

Fitted our new electric double oven that got delivered yesterday. Old one lasted 11 years but still feel aggrieved at having to fork out for a new one. Especially as the dishwasher has died in the same week! Eating into my gaming budget ;)

Back
Top Bottom