BOTW Weekly Results Round I - IPA

Caporegime
OP
Just checked email again:

Removed picture until I edit out your name, sorry.

vzgfnt.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
**** nuggets! After I posted the above I went to my Gmail and it showed the sent time as now. I'm on holiday skiing in France and had the email drafted and sent it as soon as I logged onto the chalets Wi-Fi, which would have been about 6pm UK time. I think me going in and force refreshing my outbox then only triggered the send after being on airplane mode/no background data.

I know rules are rules but I genuinely sent it before the deadline. And as you know I send all my entries on the day as I like to keep my options open (thought I might find an interesting French IPA but our flight was delayed for 3 hours so haven't even been out).

The one I submitted which I presume has now been delivered is Swedish from when I was there in December so took it ages ago as well!

I know there's no polls anymore so I beg you as judge, from me as a tipsy on red wine consistent participant with a two month old photo to make a last minute exception. I know you probably thought I was one of the shock non-entries as well (because I would have delivered in time if not for crap Wi-Fi/background data).

PS. Did I mention I love you? Or should I say je t'aime.

Caporegime
OP
**** nuggets! After I posted the above I went to my Gmail and it showed the sent time as now. I'm on holiday skiing in France and had the email drafted and sent it as soon as I logged onto the chalets Wi-Fi, which would have been about 6pm UK time. I think me going in and force refreshing my outbox then only triggered the send after being on airplane mode/no background data.

I know rules are rules but I genuinely sent it before the deadline. And as you know I send all my entries on the day as I like to keep my options open (thought I might find an interesting French IPA but our flight was delayed for 3 hours so haven't even been out).

The one I submitted which I presume has now been delivered is Swedish from when I was there in December so took it ages ago as well!

I know there's no polls anymore so I beg you as judge, from me as a tipsy on red wine consistent participant with a two month old photo to make a last minute exception. I know you probably thought I was one of the shock non-entries as well (because I would have delivered in time if not for crap Wi-Fi/background data).

PS. Did I mention I love you? Or should I say je t'aime.

Russ just remember there is no backing out of this relationship, you don't do reversing remember... xD

Task in hand (no pun), I have checked the email sending log and it does show a time difference which sort of backs up your skiing story... Two weeks to send it and you get IPA greedy :p

In the nature of the good spirits shown tonight, I think everyone is allowed a late one, once, one time, ONLY!

5pts.

Associate
For what it's worth talking about my one, it was very nice.

Howling hops have a tank bar down in london, so it's not from a Keg/Cask or bottle, rather a giant tank that they use in the brewery. Fresh as fresh can be, which is exactly what I want from a good ol IPA.

Soldato
I had the 4 different prototypes from BrewDog. The Milk Stout is the one they will be producing called Jet Black Heart which was very nice and much better than the Bounty Hunters Milk Stout if anyone ever got to try it.
The others were this entry (Black IPA...a weaker Libertine Black), a Brown Ale (okay) and a Hopped Up Lager (not bad).

Associate
Two questions (I'm looking up some beers in search of a Q-round beer):

Is Seabiscuit's beer called Double Jester or Double Joker? Can't seem to find a Double Jester.

Secondly, I noticed some of the entries are referred to as American Style IPAs. What exactly is the difference? Are IPAs subdivided into things like American, Double, Black, etc? I've never really tried any IPAs until this competition, so I know nothing about them. Which do people generally prefer? The one I bought was extremely fruity (presumably from the hops). It's classified as "IPA - Session". To be honest, I didn't like it all that much.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Two questions (I'm looking up some beers in search of a Q-round beer):

Is Seabiscuit's beer called Double Jester or Double Joker? Can't seem to find a Double Jester.

Secondly, I noticed some of the entries are referred to as American Style IPAs. What exactly is the difference? Are IPAs subdivided into things like American, Double, Black, etc? I've never really tried any IPAs until this competition, so I know nothing about them. Which do people generally prefer? The one I bought was extremely fruity (presumably from the hops). It's classified as "IPA - Session". To be honest, I didn't like it all that much.

Good spot on the 'Joker'! It's another great beer from the William Bros. Brewery and one I've sampled myself. As for the mistake, blame Seabiscuit having a little laugh. He very decently (as do some others) names the beer in the email. To save time, I cut and paste. Jester, Joker easy missed.

Waves fist at Seabiscuit :p

Now corrected.

Back
Top Bottom