• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The R9 Nano Fiji Owners Thread

Associate
So artifacts still remain, even browsing the forum they're flashing all over the place.
Should i try my GPU under warranty? What else could it be? Happens when under, standard and overclocked. Didn't happen when i first had the card.

AMDMatt?

Soldato
The Nano at full load draws 300W. I doubt your PSU is good enough to power a 4790 @ 4.6Ghz also which draws around 142W.

Thats 442W straight away on CPU & GPU only, and even if the PSU was Platinum, I wouldn't count on it.

You need better PSU unfortunately.

Associate
The Nano at full load draws 300W. I doubt your PSU is good enough to power a 4790 @ 4.6Ghz also which draws around 142W.

Thats 442W straight away on CPU & GPU only, and even if the PSU was Platinum, I wouldn't count on it.

You need better PSU unfortunately.

no no no no.
1st, the Nano uses less than that.
2nd, a 550W good unit PSU like SF can handle pretty any single GPU graphics cards in the market.
3rd, I am using one, no problem at all.

Soldato
no no no no.
1st, the Nano uses less than that.
2nd, a 550W good unit PSU like SF can handle pretty any single GPU graphics cards in the market.
3rd, I am using one, no problem at all.

This. Nano and 4790k on a single 500w sfx psu. Both going all out with an overclock, with the CPU @ 4.8 ghz and nano at 1125 / 545 +50% power target. The psu is fine and the wattage meter suggests power from the wall at peak load spiked up to 445 watts max over few hours of tests and games.

Associate
I have just purchased a Powercolor Nano which will replace a Msi 7970. As I will be housing it in a Nzxt H440 New Edition I purchased a couple of Static pressure optimised 140mm fans to act as intakes moving the stock fans to act as exhausts on the top for now. While i was looking around for cooling ideas for the Nano i came across megcustom.com a Korean company who do a Back plate for the air Nano in Black, White or Silver.

Has anyone any experience of using a back plate with an air cooled card?

See below for link to website (Mods please remove if classed as a competitor);

http://shop2.megmall.cafe24.com/product/NANO-Back-plate-BLACK/135/?cate_no=24&display_group=1

rfpfw1a.jpg

aYcIuwj.jpg

Man of Honour
OP
Received my Nano nice and early today from DPD, OC even included the all important Haribo so installation goes without an hitch;

GiFU4tH.jpg

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Reference, Scrumpy_Jack, Link, Date 15/03/2016
Reference, ishoeyi, Link, Date 24/02/2016
Reference, CivilDrone, Link, Date 20/02/2016
Reference, Panos, Link, Date 20/02/2016
Reference, Benny144, Link, Date 11/02/2016
Reference, Boomstick777, Link, Date 08/02/2016
Reference, Radox-0, Link, Date 13/10/2015
Reference, spikerules, Link, Date 12/10/2015

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your R9 Nano.

Associate
Received mine the other week, tried it out with the division averaging 55+ fps @1440p so pretty happy. Just waiting for my custom loop parts to arrive so it can go under water!

Associate
Just sending my Nano back, hoping they find a problem because if it's not the nano i don't know what to do next.

AMD Matt do you find its a universal nano problem or does it affect some more than other? Is there much difference between manufacturers in other ways ie XFX vs. ASUS vs. Powercolor?

Associate
Question to those who WC'ed their Nanos
If I install AIO over the Nano, would that be enough?
In other words once you remove the stock cooler is it safe to just slap bang AIO plate on top to cover the chip? no vrm's to worry about and things like that
Would love to try with Silverstone tundra lite AIO
Thanks

Associate
Associate
tried it on gtx 960, amazing result
55c under load with extra 100core 500ram
there is a separate vrm sink which I left untouched
thinkin if similar could be done with nano, seems like card has to go as I cannot live with such temps

Associate
The VRM heatsinks on the GPU chip side of the PCB are part of the cooler unit on a Nano- the VRMs on the underside of the PCB have no heatsinks (the ones the link in my previous post point out) - I put small heatsinks on them using thermal tape when I watercooled my card

:)

Associate
I think if you just want to WC your nano. I wonder if you contact EK they will build a predator with no CPU block attached (just 2 Quick connects) and a pre filled nano. They build it all themselves so couldn't be a big ask.

Soldato
Yeah you could do that but might cost you more if they have to change the program at all and as it could be a one off and not part of a batch, but it could be done easy if it means just leaving out a step in the program to do with what you don't want, but if they not got the program for the part you want it will cost time and effect to make changes to the program on the cad/cam side as well as maybe setting the machine up as well but hard to tell with out looking at the set up and program and machine jigs.

Back
Top Bottom