• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
Yeah...so I kinda pushed a button on a web shop site like a minute ago... Page said EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified... So... Yeah... That happened...

Wonder if I can reach a decent OC without added voltage for starters? I'll post a pic with forum name tomorrow for the list.

Soldato
Yeah...so I kinda pushed a button on a web shop site like a minute ago... Page said EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified... So... Yeah... That happened...

Wonder if I can reach a decent OC without added voltage for starters? I'll post a pic with forum name tomorrow for the list.

Good choice!

Mine does 1418 out the box, and 1518 stable (although I don't run it OCd as there's no real need). I have the voltage, power and temperature sliders all the way to the right in AB but that's just to save it from throttling

Associate
Good choice!

Mine does 1418 out the box, and 1518 stable (although I don't run it OCd as there's no real need). I have the voltage, power and temperature sliders all the way to the right in AB but that's just to save it from throttling

Was looking at the FTW also, but the difference was only a tenner so it was a no-brainer.

Good clocks out of the box you've got! I'll play with putting the sliders all to the max as well and compare and find out if there's a need in the games I play. Good to know them sliders keep yours from throttling.

Associate
Ok, so my 2nd windforce arrived today and is now installed in my pc to replace my msi 6g. I have decided to do my first custom WC loop using the two g1's and I am only waiting on my ek GPU waterblocks coming Tuesday.

My MSI may well end up in another system but as things stand I have gone from this..

IMG_2911s_zps6qzm0g1x.jpg

To This.

IMG_2954s_zpsouaqyn3c.jpg

Soldato
The wait for the new cards was too much, I cracked, being using a 280x for a while since selling my fury x's, but got offered a cracking deal on a new 980ti so bought it.
Should be here tomorrow, looking forward to trying it.

Soldato
I have had my second ti for about a month now and all is still going well :)

Temps are good, performance is good, the only weird thing is how games react to overclocks.

GTA I have 250 on the core, and 350 on mem for both cards and it is perfect, Division and NFS I need to drop it down 50 each.

Ah well, still runs great :)

Soldato
I have had my second ti for about a month now and all is still going well :)

Temps are good, performance is good, the only weird thing is how games react to overclocks.

GTA I have 250 on the core, and 350 on mem for both cards and it is perfect, Division and NFS I need to drop it down 50 each.

Ah well, still runs great :)

Some games just know how to fail an OC. I can bench all day with mine at 1480...run a few games like BF4...but witcher 3 is a TDR fest, and pCars can crash it too.

I dial back to 1440 and have no problems ever with my MSI 6g. wish it hit 1450..but nevermind.

Caporegime
The wait for the new cards was too much, I cracked, being using a 280x for a while since selling my fury x's, but got offered a cracking deal on a new 980ti so bought it.
Should be here tomorrow, looking forward to trying it.

You'll love it ;)

I used a Ti with an MG279Q and was pretty ****ing good!!! I suppose keeping frames above 60 negates the need for Gsync so much, but the responsiveness was great :cool:

And change your sig Dave :D

Soldato
You'll love it ;)

I used a Ti with an MG279Q and was pretty ****ing good!!! I suppose keeping frames above 60 negates the need for Gsync so much, but the responsiveness was great :cool:

And change your sig Dave :D

Lol cheers! Yeah I'm looking forward to giving it a trashing on some benchmarks, still using the freesync monitor (1440p 144hz) so hoping it'll play nice with it.

Back
Top Bottom