• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1080 Owners Thread

Soldato
Hmm, pretty unlucky. Stock voltage?

Yep stock volts for the 2150, just need to nudge up power target to 120% and set core offset. Eventually does end up fluctuating between 2100-2150 as it ends up getting too hot though.

Second card was not really happy above 2050 MHz so add in sli overhead which reduces the achievable OC somewhat and 2000 - 2051 was the typical figure for the two.

Soldato
me and you both mate, 17th apparently on the website, but god knows at the moment... disappointed with nVidia's supply chain on this one, considering the hype before launch I have paid for 2 cards that I cannot use yet...

So annoyed.

Stelly

Ive had no ETA on the STRIX yet :( and live chat has been very dead for the last few days as well lol

Last edited:
Associate
Oh, aren't these cards readily available?

I just dropped in from the Polaris forums to see what the fuss was about because DP and the other usual suspects were all over AMD about not releasing specs until the NDA expired on the 480.

Seems to be that the 1080 is really, really limited in availability. Do you think that it was a pre-emptive launch to steal some thunder?

Thoughts?

The Founders Editions sold out very quickly. The custom card dates have been getting pushed back. I'm not sure if it's a card manufacturer issue or Nvidia.

Soldato
Something shiny just arrived. :)

2d8gm5z.jpg

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming.

I better test it at work.

Soldato
Any 1080 SLI users having issues?

Seem to be getting poor scaling on a lot of games. i.e GPU's not running to 100%.

Furmark, 3dmark etc runs both GPU's up to 100% no issues with 90-95% power draw.

Games, unigine valley etc really struggle atm with about 65-80% usage on each GPU.

Even both my Ti's would run these games at 90-99% usage. Really confused atm.

Because new drivers? or?

Soldato

Seem to be getting poor scaling on a lot of games. i.e GPU's not running to 100%.

Furmark, 3dmark etc runs both GPU's up to 100% no issues with 90-95% power draw.

Games, unigine valley etc really struggle atm with about 65-80% usage on each GPU.

Because new drivers? or?

I did not think I was, but as mentioned earlier, was surprised by the small drop from 2 1080's to 1 1080 as a result from 1 going kaput. On average difference was 10-15 fps in witcher 3. Titan X's scaled much better I recall.

Guru 3D SLI article: http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/geforce-gtx-1080-2-way-sli-review,1.html does specially mention that the current drivers do not seem to support a majority of games. Could be that :confused:

Did not think to bench my SLI 1080's vs Titan X SLI as I did single card figures, will do when I get another one again :o

Soldato
I did not think I was, but as mentioned earlier, was surprised by the small drop from 2 1080's to 1 1080 as a result from 1 going kaput. On average difference was 10-15 fps in witcher 3. Titan X's scaled much better I recall.

Guru 3D SLI article: http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/geforce-gtx-1080-2-way-sli-review,1.html does specially mention that the current drivers do not seem to support a majority of games. Could be that :confused:

Did not think to bench my SLI 1080's vs Titan X SLI as I did single card figures, will do when I get another one again :o

Thanks :). Most likely that then. Every single game I'm playing is maxing at about 80% usage on the 1080's.

Suprisingly still faster than my 980Ti's though.

Just hope they get fixed soon as theres still plenty more for these cards to give.

Soldato

Because new drivers? or?

The 3D guru review suggested that at 1440p SLI 1080 appeared to be very cpu bottlenecked. It was only up at 4K that they saw good scaling. Hopefully this will be rectified in new drivers.

I believe they were using a 5960X in their tests as well, so a lot better cpu than most of us will have.

Soldato
The 3D guru review suggested that at 1440p SLI 1080 appeared to be very cpu bottlenecked. It was only up at 4K that they saw good scaling. Hopefully this will be rectified in new drivers.

I believe they were using a 5960X in their tests as well, so a lot better cpu than most of us will have.

I have a 5930k tested at 4.5 and 4.7ghz no difference. CPU maxing out at about 70-80% usage.

Soldato
Try disabling gsync, running with DSR (assuming dsr, gsync and SLI still don't work together) and see if scaling is improved.

I assume it is simply an early driver scaling issue and it will be improved in the coming weeks.

Back
Top Bottom