• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1080 Owners Thread

Soldato
I don't find it noisy really. The cooler has a nice whoosh:cool: tone rather than a whine.
I'm using a 1:1 fan and it rarely goes over 73 degrees.

Associate
im finding my fan noise pretty loud at 66%.

I can hear it obviously but for a ref fan i think it's pretty damn good for noise, it's not like my 980 ti classified was silent under load. I don't sit next to my pc though. The noise the fan makes is also quite a pleasant tone of sound to me as well. I guess noise is subjective and dependant on type of case and where your pc is situated. For me though i'm really pleased with the ref card compared to previous ones i've had.

Caporegime
Last reference card that had a cooler this good was the GTX690.

I find the noise very bearable - inaudible up to 50-60% and even then it's not annoying.

I'm very sensitive to PC noise too, so it's a pleasant surprise.

Same. Have mine set to 75% max and can barely hear it (Define S is a bit sound-proofed though and on the floor :D)

Overall, VERY happy with the FE :cool:

(feels like absolute quality in the hand too!)

Associate
Congrats everyone on their lovely cards...I'm very tempted to buy the 1080 EVGA Hybrid while I can still get £300 for my old one but going to try and see what AMD have to offer and wait for HBM Pascal and Vega before my next upgrade cycle...

Can still play all games at 1440p perfectly fine and hoping to upgrade to 1.4 DP 4K in the next 12 months or so...no point upgrading my card until there are monitors available for it...right...Who am I kidding...I'll crack in the next few weeks I'm sure

Soldato
For the FE owners, how does the fan perform out of the box? Is the throttling a problem when you leave the fan at stock settings? What software are you using to change fan speeds.

Back
Top Bottom