• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1070 Owners Thread

Associate
Seems that 2063MHz is the best I can do on mine (as a stable clock). Even with 100% on the voltage slider, 2076MHz crashes. Memory is fine at 9.4GHz though, which just tips it over the 300GB/s mark in GPU-Z. Crazy to see regular GDDR5 hitting those kinds of speeds. I wonder how much that'll be affected when they start cycling out the premium Samsung chips for Hynix and *spit* Elpida for later production runs. The Elpida trash on my GTX 780 could only manage 6.2GHz before falling over, whereas earlier 780s with Samsung chips could hit 7GHz without issue.

For me the voltage slider only makes the card unstable - so far I'm fine with those clocks: which translate to 2077Mhz in the 65+ degrees range.

I was having an issue with stability at low voltages but I fixed it using the slider: 50Mhz+ at all frequencies and +110/100 around the 1.050v mark, which is where the card will be in full load.

szN5xFV.png

Last edited:
Associate
I did look at that Inno3d card but I've not heard much about them to be honest. I've had a few Gigabyte cards and have always found them solid. I do like my GPU to be as cool and quiet as possible (hence looking at the Zotac in the first place) and the Windforce seems to get positive feedback in that regard. If the Zotac card could come down £15 or so to price match another site out there I think I'd just get that! You can only wish :)

Associate
I did look at that Inno3d card but I've not heard much about them to be honest. I've had a few Gigabyte cards and have always found them solid. I do like my GPU to be as cool and quiet as possible (hence looking at the Zotac in the first place) and the Windforce seems to get positive feedback in that regard. If the Zotac card could come down £15 or so to price match another site out there I think I'd just get that! You can only wish :)

If you want a quiet card the Inno X3 is a much better choice than Gigabyte - don't discard GPUs just because you haven't heard of them ;)

I bet many people (me included) are very happy to have gone with the underdog Palit this time around.

Associate
Oh couldn't agree more, just gone on some reviews and personal experience. I've already ordered the Gigabyte now as I needed it delivered tomorrow and at the way things are going it could be £20 dearer by this afternoon!

Soldato
Inno3D is actually part of the same parent company as Zotac, PC Partner.

http://www.pcpartner.com/en/index.php?m=brands

Associate
I bet many people (me included) are very happy to have gone with the underdog Palit this time around.

I definitely am. Palit Gamerock Premium is easily the best bang for buck and the questionable colour scheme doesn't matter when it's in the case as you can't even see the fans with my set up. With the exception of colour scheme it appears to be identical to the Gainward Phoenix 'Goes Like Hell', yet it is £50 cheaper at current prices, £60 when I bought it.

Soldato
I definitely am. Palit Gamerock Premium is easily the best bang for buck and the questionable colour scheme doesn't matter when it's in the case as you can't even see the fans with my set up. With the exception of colour scheme it appears to be identical to the Gainward Phoenix 'Goes Like Hell', yet it is £50 cheaper at current prices, £60 when I bought it.

Seems all the positive talk about the Palit's has me now waiting for stock :(

Was 2 in stock when I ordered but I missed the e-signature on hitachi and now the stock is gone so am waiting now for new one's to arrive.

Soldato
If you want a quiet card the Inno X3 is a much better choice than Gigabyte - don't discard GPUs just because you haven't heard of them ;)

Find out tomorrow:).

Associate
Is the MSI GTX Armor 1070 OC a good choice? I'm basically just after a quiet card with 3+ year warranty, not too bothered about being able to overclock it any further than the provided OC. It can be had for ~£395 so I'm just thinking about jumping on it before prices go up again unless anyone can recommend a better alternative?

Soldato
It's a good choice, yes. Uses the exact same PCB as the Gaming X model, just with a slightly cut back cooler (that people have said is still very quiet and offers good temperatures) and the extra 6-pin power connector removed (which is pretty much redundant anyway, as it doesn't help with overclocking).

Man of Honour
OP
Joined the club a couple of days ago just got round to installing.

Sry, rubbish photo and I need to clean my case I know!

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Ft2xaoP.jpg

Date 07/07/2016, Make MSI Gaming X, magicoi, Link
Date 06/07/2016, Make MSI Aero OC Edition, Amatyr, Link
Date 06/07/2016, Make MSI Gaming X, divinebeetle, Link
Date 04/07/2016, Make MSI Gaming X, i_am_jon, Link
Date 04/07/2016, Make Palit GameRock Premier Edition, Phil87, Link
Date 03/07/2016, Make MSI Gaming X, V_R, Link
Date 03/07/2016, Make Palit GameRock Premier Edition, foxyfaefife, Link
Date 03/07/2016, Make MSI Armor OC Edition, chris-82, Link
Date 02/07/2016, Make Palit GameRock Premier Edition, razorpakk, Link
Date 02/07/2016, Make Palit GameRock Premier Edition, styuR, Link
Date 02/07/2016, Make MSI Armor OC Edition, Shawreyboy, Link
Date 02/07/2016, Make Gigabyte G1 Gaming, Gripen90, Link
Date 01/07/2016, Make Gainward Phoenix Golden Sample, shrek2, Link
Date 01/07/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, BornEvil, Link
Date 30/06/2016, Make Gainward Phoenix Golden Sample, thefogo, Link
Date 30/06/2016, Make MSI Gaming X, Carta, Link
Date 29/06/2016, Make Zotac AMP Edition, Charlatan, Link
Date 29/06/2016, Make MSI Gaming X, Daaaveee, Link
Date 29/06/2016, Make MSI Gaming X, Aretak, Link
Date 29/06/2016, Make Inno3D iChiLL X3 Edition, leerogers00, Link
Date 28/06/2016, Make MSI Gaming X, DougF1, Link
Date 28/06/2016, Make MSI Armor OC Edition, markoboyo11, Link
Date 27/06/2016, Make Zotac AMP Edition, Mangochutney, Link
Date 25/06/2016, Make MSI Armor OC Edition, BornEvil, Link
Date 23/06/2016, Make MSI Aero OC Edition, McGraw, Link
Date 22/06/2016, Make MSI Armor OC Edition, smithy83, Link
Date 21/06/2016, Make MSI Armor OC Edition, Phixsator, Link
Date 20/06/2016, Make Palit Founders Edition, Paul_cz, Link
Date 20/06/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Dave2150, Link
Date 20/06/2016, Make MSI Gaming X, AthlonXP1800, Link
Date 20/06/2016, Make Gigabyte G1 Gaming, w00dy85, Link
Date 19/06/2016, Make MSI Gaming X, kully1972, Link
Date 18/06/2016, Make MSI Gaming X, AliGoz, Link
Date 17/06/2016, Make MSI Gaming X, philo-sofa, Link
Date 16/06/2016, Make Palit Founders Edition, Biffa, Link
Date 16/06/2016, Make EVGA Founders Edition, Daaaveee, Link
Date 14/06/2016, Make EVGA Founders Edition, mankycrack, Link
Date 13/06/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, !bluetonic!, Link
Date 12/06/2016, Make MSI Founders Edition, yoyo59, Link
Date 11/06/2016, Make MSI Founders Edition, JamesM, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your GTX 1070.​

Associate
Palit Gamerock Premium just installed.

Default boost clock during Heaven Benchmark 2075 MHz.

The max temp seen so far while running Heaven on max settings (with side removed from case) 67C.

The fans are inaudible.

Nice card, and it actually looks OK when installed !

Soldato

The max temp seen so far while running Heaven on max settings (with side removed from case) 67C.

The fans are inaudible.

Almost tempted by this card. Looks good spec. Just wonder about the warranty and resale vs EVGA

Associate

The fans are inaudible.

Thats an awesome stock boost! These Gamerock Premiums are fantastic cards :) Let us know how you get on with manual OC if you are planning on it, and also how the boost clocks settle during a longer session of 100% usage gaming!

Associate
Almost tempted by this card. Looks good spec. Just wonder about the warranty and resale vs EVGA

The card is as good as it gets (it's just about cooler and clocks after all), for the warranty it's indeed a bit lame - just two years.

Resale should be fine, I mean even if it's bad you would just lose 10£ or something - but people are figuring out there's nothing special about well known brands.

Associate
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/kfa2...ess-graphics-card-70nsh6dhk6vk-gx-090-kf.html

Is this a good 1070 to get? Don't really want to go over 400 and am stuck on what to go for as there are so many different ones.

I guess it depends if you plan to overclock or are happy to just leave it as is and don't want to chase a few extra % performance from the slightly higher clock speeds of other better cooled more expensive cards.

It is the cheapest one for a reason as its just the reference PCB with a plastic blower fan. These exhaust hot air out of the back of the PC rather than recirculating it and leaving the case fan to deal with, so they are be good for smaller cases with low air flow. The problem is they are less efficient at cooling and will therefore run hotter and lower the boost clock accordingly. The question is are you bothered about that at the cost of an extra £20-30?

Associate
I'm thinking of getting a 1070 or a 1060.

The biggest thing I am trying to decide on is open vs blower. I've got an SG07, so it isn't the worlds hugest case, and the fans are right up against the grill on the side.

This gets me thinking that a blower might be more suitable. BUT, I've been doing some digging on FE edition cards, I read that the fans never turn off, even while idle. So, if I was watching Netflix on TV, I'd have a constant fan presence

What do you think the best option for me is here? Also taking into account that my power suppler is going to be restricted to what comes with the SG07. Overclocking and whatnot isn't going to happen. I just don't do that.

Back
Top Bottom