• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal Titan X and XP Owners Thread

Associate
How odd as my NVidia small screws are to small for the block fitting, and none of the EK screws go through the back plate holes - confused???

Mark

Pictures of backplate fitted :-

fy0kl1.jpg

23hnexu.jpg

you are putting the original hex screws from nv back into the block first right ?

Last edited:
Soldato
You're actually likely to have a warmer room once your on water, as you'll be able to overclock them further (raiding their power and heat output).

No true, there is a hell of a lot less hot air exiting in to your room with water than running higher temps with air. No way the GPU is going to hit 80c under water where as it will with air...

Its not really worth worrying about though, water cooling is obv the better option but not if you are not comfortable with the risk ey.

Man of Honour
OP
No true, there is a hell of a lot less hot air exiting in to your room with water than running higher temps with air. No way the GPU is going to hit 80c under water where as it will with air...

Its not really worth worrying about though, water cooling is obv the better option but not if you are not comfortable with the risk ey.

Water cooling makes no difference to your room temps.

If a card uses 250 watts it will do it on air or water and that 250 watts will end up in your room.

Man of Honour
OP
Might as well add me kaap :)

(Was from previous page) thanks :)

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

LdDula5.jpg

Date 26/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, tyler_jrb, Link
Date 23/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, fenchu, Link
Date 23/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, SonicB0000M, Link
Date 22/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, tipes, Link
Date 20/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Kered_Dub, Link
Date 10/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Stunted, Link
Date 10/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Mark_D, Link
Date 09/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Zping, Link
Date 09/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Trunkey, Link
Date 09/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, VEGACORTEZ, Link
Date 08/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, crinkleshoes, Link
Date 08/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Rasphelt, Link
Date 08/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Alphafox, Link
Date 08/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Greebo, Link
Date 07/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, SherlockHobz, Link
Date 06/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Scorpuk, Link
Date 06/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, dancook, Link
Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Born_2_Kill_83, Link
Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, DmitryD, Link
Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, occuda, Link
Date 05/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Kaapstad, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Wulfster, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, whyscotty, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, waspy88, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Combat Fighter, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, danielanthony, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, dshalky, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Vore, Link
Date 04/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, spiralz, Link
Date 03/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Starvald, Link
Date 03/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Cosimo, Link
Date 03/08/2016, Make NVidia Founders Edition, blasterbolt, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Pascal Titan X.​

Soldato
You use the nvidia nut screws to attached the Ek waterblock and then use the tiny screws to attached backplate as before.

For some strange reason the original very small screws that held the backplate on the original blower - are too small for the block fittings. What gives????

Soldato
Pictures of backplate fitted :-

fy0kl1.jpg

23hnexu.jpg

you are putting the original hex screws from nv back into the block first right ?

You sir are a genius - now realised where I have gone wrong, I did not use the hex screws, which the small screws go in to, which hold the backplate on.
Will disassemble and re do it. Many thanks for your help.

Mark

Associate
You sir are a genius - now realised where I have gone wrong, I did not use the hex screws, which the small screws go in to, which hold the backplate on.
Will disassemble and re do it. Many thanks for your help.

Mark

Welcome :)

room temp 21.5 card temp 23 mostly idle , have blu ray on in background.

2i8gg49.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
It's plastic, are you fitting for aesthetics? Flow direction does not matter just dont use in/out on the same side as far as I am aware.

My original backplate is actually metal. How critical is it to not have inlet and outlet connected the same side of the card? Reason I ask is I have hardline tubing so much more of a pain to change my layout.

Mark

Caporegime
My original backplate is actually metal. How critical is it to not have inlet and outlet connected the same side of the card? Reason I ask is I have hardline tubing so much more of a pain to change my layout.

Mark

I suspect you have the old titan and old ek waterblock which is no direction specific. Its only reason ones where it makes a difference.

Soldato
I suspect you have the old titan and old ek waterblock which is no direction specific. Its only reason ones where it makes a difference.

No it is deffo a Titan x Pascal, and I just got the block direct from EK - supposed to be for Titan xp. Still it is all working fine so no complaints here.
Have benched a little so far and have managed a core clock of 1987 so far. Water cooling these cards definitely makes a difference on temps/performance I feel. My room temp is pretty warm at the mo. about 26 degrees, but after several runs of Firestrike, max temp was only 39 degrees - well happy with that.

Permabanned
Is it possible to change the LED colour on the Titan P?

Not with software or anything like that... but you can change it manually. As in hardware mod...

With water blocks what is the extra headroom in overclock on the gpu so far over the standard hsf?

About 50-100MHz for me.

_H5A6829 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

_H5A6842 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

_H5A6843 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

Left it without backplate for now... I like the dark PCB and the stock backplate doesn't feel like it would do much for cooling.

Back
Top Bottom