• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal Titan X and XP Owners Thread

Associate
My instructions said "please ignore previous instructions and DO NOT use pliers" :p

They must have made an amendment since the first ones went out ;)

Looking forward to my temps then in the same case. Ive got a 420 Nemesis Black ice GTX in the roof on push/pull and a mayhems monsta 360 in the floor and another blackice GTS240 at the front and still undecided whether to plum in the 280 GTS in or leave it out. All fans Vardar f4 ER either 140mm or 120mm.

AFter seeing your figures I think I'll leave the 280 out. It was all getting a big crowded in the case anyway ;)

I think you should do well then with those rads fella :)

Lol guessing a few people may have destroyed their cards then.

plum it in :). Cant have enough. 32c is a good temp although id be suprised if it is still 32c with the loop fully warmed and say the card at full load for a good 20-30minutes.

Unless you live in the antarctic.

well card was mostly at full load for over a hour with benching + was a little colder then usual last night , that being said i do expect it to rise a little when have a full session one of the evenings :)

really pleased with card and extra performance it provides at 4k with games tested so far , as i sit here typing this card is idling nicely at 21 / 22c with fans turned fully down.

Last edited:
Soldato
really pleased with card and extra performance it provides at 4k with games tested so far , as i sit here typing this card is idling nicely at 21 / 22c with fans turned fully down.

Must be 10-15c in your room lol. Even on first boot my cards are idling around 23-24c but that soon creeps up into the 30's as my fans are on 400rpm for idle so barely any air.

Both cards max around 45c after a good full load session with ambient around 25c.

Although mine are currently 1080's i hope my Titans when installed run around the same temperatures. What is the max overclock you have seen on water?

Soldato
Looking forward to my temps then in the same case. Ive got a 420 Nemesis Black ice GTX in the roof

Thank god your lazy ass finally put the block on... :D

Thoughts on the above rad Gibbo - thinking about dropping two of those in my new build when the case is out in Sept.

Looking forward to see how it goes, still thinking about swapping in my 1080 FTWs - even more so now the blocks are delayed yet again for a month.

Associate
So annoyed with DHL right now! My EK water blocks and back plates were supposed to be delivered today. Just had notification that "Delivery attempted, recipient not home". The delivery address is a commercial property so it's impossible for anybody to be "not home"!! Seems pretty obvious to me that the driver hasn't even bothered. Either he went tot he wrong place or just couldn't be bothered. Their call centre can't get hold of him either to tell him to turn around and go back :mad:

I paid for the 30 euro express shipping too, grrrr!!

Caporegime
So annoyed with DHL right now! My EK water blocks and back plates were supposed to be delivered today. Just had notification that "Delivery attempted, recipient not home". The delivery address is a commercial property so it's impossible for anybody to be "not home"!! Seems pretty obvious to me that the driver hasn't even bothered. Either he went tot he wrong place or just couldn't be bothered. Their call centre can't get hold of him either to tell him to turn around and go back :mad:

I paid for the 30 euro express shipping too, grrrr!!

same here. I paid for express shipping, mine went to the wrong country! Took a further two days then sort and get it here. 5 days in total for "express" shipping.

Must try and claim my money back from EK.

Caporegime
Thank god your lazy ass finally put the block on... :D

Thoughts on the above rad Gibbo - thinking about dropping two of those in my new build when the case is out in Sept.

Looking forward to see how it goes, still thinking about swapping in my 1080 FTWs - even more so now the blocks are delayed yet again for a month.

The black ice GTX are great rads. Just a shame they are so wide. You will not believe the butchery I had to do to my case (and rads) to get them to fit. Zero resale value. :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
What clocks are you guys seeing? So far mine seems to be stable bouncing between 2076 and 2063 on air, until air temps take over. 1847 stock boost with +220 overclock.

Happy that im getting over 2ghz so far on air which is great. Hopefully the second card wont be a dud lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
I am still waiting for mine to be dispatched.

I will get them in the end, probably after the hot weather has finished.:D

Waterblocks will not reduce the amount of heat a GPU produces, so fitting a waterblock in Summer vs Winter makes absolutely no difference, room temperature wise.

You're actually likely to have a warmer room once your on water, as you'll be able to overclock them further (raiding their power and heat output).

Of course putting them under water will allow you higher overclocks and more stable clock speeds vs the reference cooler, though this has nothing to do with Summer/Winter.

Soldato
Hi all,

Finally had time tonight, and plucked up enough courage to fit my EK block. Question for you guys - has anyone been able to fit the original back plates with the block? I found I could only fit the half that goes over the GPU area. The other half I could not fit back on because the original Nvidia screws are too small, and the EK screws don't go through the back plate - grrrrrr.

So I have ended up with a naff looking half covered card. I suppose I will have to now order the EK back plate for it, which I did not want to do - oh well????

Mark

Associate
Hi all,

Finally had time tonight, and plucked up enough courage to fit my EK block. Question for you guys - has anyone been able to fit the original back plates with the block? I found I could only fit the half that goes over the GPU area. The other half I could not fit back on because the original Nvidia screws are too small, and the EK screws don't go through the back plate - grrrrrr.

So I have ended up with a naff looking half covered card. I suppose I will have to now order the EK back plate for it, which I did not want to do - oh well????

Mark

yep already mentioned but have original back plate fitted with ek block , just used the orignal hex and small screws provided by nv.

Soldato
Soldato
yep already mentioned but have original back plate fitted with ek block , just used the orignal hex and small screws provided by nv.

How odd as my NVidia small screws are to small for the block fitting, and none of the EK screws go through the back plate holes - confused???

Mark

Vore

V

Vore

Thanks but no help as neither screws will secure the half of the back plate for reasons mentioned in my original post, unless I am missing something.

Mark
BTW I think flow direction does not matter as they mention these blocks support reverse flow?????? So I assume you can use either connections as in or out for the flow.

It's plastic, are you fitting for aesthetics? Flow direction does not matter just dont use in/out on the same side as far as I am aware.

Caporegime
It's plastic, are you fitting for aesthetics? Flow direction does not matter just dont use in/out on the same side as far as I am aware.

Problem is the design on my cup cooler is identical to the Ek waterblock and the cup definitely has an in and and out so concerned the Ek block should have as well.

Associate
Btw did everybody use the Ek screws for the block or put the original nvidia ones with the springs back on the GPu bit?

ek screws , dont think the nvidea ones fitted with springs. just about to upload some close up pictures of backplate.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom