**** Apple Media Event - 'See you on the 7th' (7th September 2016) ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Wait I'm thoroughly confused with the iPhone Upgrade Program.

7+ is £40 per month. Totals to £480+£49 for the year. Can then move to 7S+ the next year. Do I continue to pay £40 per month including a new plan for the 7S+?

Of course you do, that's the whole point. You're basically leasing a phone and have to pay ad nauseum.

Soldato

7+ is £40 per month. Totals to £480+£49 for the year. Can then move to 7S+ the next year. Do I continue to pay £40 per month including a new plan for the 7S+?

I believe it changes each year depending on what phone you select.

Looks like my needs fitted the 6S+ better. No way was I sticking to the 4.7" option and even bigger no way was I spending that on a phone that I'd need an adaptor for plugging in a 3.5mm.

Would like a download link to ios10 GM that works with non dev accounts if anyone's got one.

On your phone Feek, follow THIS LINK and download the profile. Update in the usual way. :)

Soldato

Assuming the new phone is priced the same, yes. You'll start on a new '20' month payment plan when then 7S+ comes out. If you don't, you'll just carry on paying for the final 8 months or what ever and pay off the 7+ completely.

You're basically getting out a 0% APR Loan on the phone, and you can upgrade and start a new loan every year, and give the original phone back.

Caporegime
So £619 was ok for a 64GB phone but 13% more for one with twice the storage isn't? :confused:

I don't see it as twice the storage so it should be more expensive.

We all know that memory storages gets larger and prices stays the same, it happens in RAM, it happens in HDD, it happens in USB sticks.

Eons ago it cost £20 to get a 256mb usb stick, I have a 64G stick for the same money now.

We also know that tech gets faster but prices stays the same, CPU, GFX etc etc.

So I am looking at the "models", base model, middle and top end model in terms of storage given, that really is the only levels Apple offers.

The middle model of a iPhone 6 was £619, it is now £699. it is 13% rise.

Which coincidentally, about the same amount as the pound weakened since Brexit.

Associate
You start a new two year agreement and so on.

It will cost you more, eventually.

Yeah it does cost more. I forgot that with owning the phone outright, I can get atleast half of the money back selling it towards the next.

EDIT: Ahhh but didn't factor in AppleCare which is at £100+ and value will decrease with wear but apple will still swap for a brand new phone

Soldato
I have no interest in wireless earbuds, if I wanted wireless I would buy proper headphones.

Edit - Vertigo £619 I felt was silly money at the time tbh but sucked it up. I'm not paying £700, unless I think about an interest free credit card....

A lot depends on how often you upgrade. I wouldn't drop that much on a phone every year or even two but, as I'll be moving from a 5S, I don't mind £700 as I'll plan to keep it for three years.

(Unless next year's 10th anniversary one turns out to be something amazing of course! :D )

Soldato
The upgrade program includes AppleCare - So I'm guessing unless you've absolutely mullered it, you should be fine :p

Well AC+ has an excess fee for repairs...

I'd imagine it'll be much like any other lease agreement where normal wear and tear is permitted but damage isn't. If you hand it back with a broken screen for example, I'd expect them to charge you.

Soldato
Did anyone pick up on them saying this is the definitive version of this design? Are we looking at 8 next year and not a 7s as usual?

They didn't say that to my knowledge but I can't see them releasing fundamentally the same design four years in a row, especially as next year is the 10th anniversary.

Associate
Did anyone pick up on them saying this is the definitive version of this design? Are we looking at 8 next year and not a 7s as usual?

They did say something along those lines. Cannot remember word for word. It was said when they were showing off the iphone case being created.

So maybe, just maybe, we may see a whole new design coming in the near (few years) future.

Soldato
The upgrade program includes AppleCare - So I'm guessing unless you've absolutely mullered it, you should be fine :p

Wow didn't know the upgrade program included ac, I never sell my old phones so it's no loss to me just means my kids don't get my old phone.

So the upgrade program basically gets you a new iphone and ac every year for what is at this years price point about £550, if I'm right on that it seems a pretty good deal and I'm even more trmpted now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom