Just cried watching a tv show...

Soldato
I've never actually cried at anything on TV or at the cinema, although i may have shed the odd lone tear. I suspect that not all that many of you have seen this, but i think the finale of Babylon 5 called "Sleeping in Light" is one of the most moving pieces of TV i've seen, despite its genre. It deals with a lot of big subjects ... Friendship, Love, Loss, Death, Hope

Last edited:
Soldato
melchy said:
I've never actually cried at anything on TV or at the cinema, although i may have shed the odd lone tear. I suspect that not all that many of you have seen this, but i think the finale of Babylon 5 called "Sleeping in Light" is one of the most moving pieces of TV i've seen, despite its genre.
I posted about that just about an hour ago :)

Soldato
cyKey said:
I posted about that just about an hour ago :)

I was just about to edit my post to say that you beat me to it. Its nice to see that someone else agree's though. Its a genuinely moving piece of television.

*edit* Just watched it :(

Last edited:
Associate
Lost count of the films that have evoked a manly tear.

The only film that made me sob however was Léon. Such a powerful ending. The way Luc Besson draws you into the father/daughter relationship and then....

Totally wiped me out.

Soldato
Big Kev said:
I'm with you there mate, when the whole crowd goes, it does become very smokey in the East Lower.

It was also smokey in the Parc Des Princes, when N**** lobbed the ball over Big Dave. :mad:

Anyone see the Bears game last night??

Here's the Video's that bring it all back. I think people forget that was a truely great player. That goal against Man Utd, and the Coventry (i think) are amazing, the skill, the finish, class. The way Adams speaks about Rocky says volumes. When his son was mascot at the FA Cup final it was hard to hold back the tears. It's coming up to 5 years after his death, hard to believe.

http://www.gooner14.co.uk/video/rocky.wmv

http://www.gooner14.co.uk/video/rockygoals.wmv

RIP Rocky.

I wasn't happy that night either with N***** :(

Associate
Watership down made me cry when I was 6.

In my case i was 3-4 and i bawled my eyes out. It's one of my earliest and most enduring memories. Glad i'm not alone in this one!

Like many of the above posts it's the films that have that strong-man-shows-weak-side, or big-selfless-sacrifice, or any other number of indefinable moments that set me off. I can't rate a film or tv show and recommend it to somebody unless it ellicits some sort of emotional response to me. For instance the film 'Crash' got me in so many ways but the bitter irony of some of the plot really got to me.

Strangely i haven't cried for any other reason for over fifteen years. It confounds me that i need to watch a film to get an emotional release!

Soldato
melchy said:
I was just about to edit my post to say that you beat me to it. Its nice to see that someone else agree's though. Its a genuinely moving piece of television.

*edit* Just watched it :(

Wow. I haven't been able to bring myself to watch the end of season 5 yet. Especially because I heard that the commentary by JMS on SiL was from his first viewing of the episode in like 5 years.

Caporegime
Nix said:
Has anyone ever watched a really good film, like the ones which really play with your thoughts and emotions and then woken up the next day thinking about it?

Schindlers list is possibly one of the hardest hitting films I've seen.

Only one bit of colour in it, watch the film and you'll know exactly where I'm coming from.

Scary that the most horiffic of things are documented events from our past....

We never learn it would seem. :(

I often think of "Watership Down" when I'm out early morning "Bunny mashing" in my artic.... :D

Soldato
cyKey said:
Wow. I haven't been able to bring myself to watch the end of season 5 yet. Especially because I heard that the commentary by JMS on SiL was from his first viewing of the episode in like 5 years.

I've never actually listened to the commentary, but now that you've mentioned it im going to have to in order to see what he says about it and how it effects him. I think i'll leave that for later.

Soldato
I cried the first time I saw Saving Private Ryan and the Green Mile. Armageddon always makes me cry. I'm sure there's more, but I can't remember them.

That Simpsons episode was really moving, I thought it was ace.

EDIT: I remember Mission to Mars did a little when that woman was trying to save that guy while they were floating in space, but then he dies and stuff.. Quite sad.

Last edited:
Associate
I often think of "Watership Down" when I'm out early morning "Bunny mashing" in my artic....

Seriously dude, that film should not be shown to kids. I'm convinced that it affected my life in some profound, unexplainable way. It haunts me. :eek:

Only the most sadistic parent would subject a 4yr old to that! Mind you i also found the film Electric Dreams quite moving when i was 9-ish. The computer blew itself up for upsetting it's owner for chrissake! If my pc blew itself up every time i swore at a BSOD i'd be robbing banks by now to pay for replacements :D

Nix

Nix

Soldato
When I remember Saving Private Ryan, I always think of the scene where Giovanni Ribisi's character Medic Irwin Wade dies, crying "Mamma."

Soldato
Eek I forgot one.
In addition to American History X (So Surprised no one else has mentioned this, its so sad at the end), and Deep Impact. The end of Star Trek: Nemesis, when Data dies. That saw me with tears in my eyes in the cinema. still, some people were openly blubbing, so I feel vindicated.

Last edited:
Soldato
Never openly cried at a film or TV show, but the most emotion I've ever felt was strangely enough at the end of Planes, Trains and Automobiles. Steve Martin works out that John Candy who has been annoying him all the way through the film, is actually homeless and alone and his wife has been dead for some time, so he takes him back to his house for Christmas with his family.

Soldato
I Defy anybody to watch the film "A Bridge Too Far" and not cry at the end. The wounded British paratroopers stay behind to be captured so that the non-wounded can escape to fight another day. As the Germans approach the bombed out hospital, the paras start singing "Abide With Me". I've never NOT cried at that scene.

Another one is "Brassed Off" when Tara Fitzgerald's character is playing the Flugelhorn solo from "En Aranjuez Con Tu Amor". Tears without fail.

Back
Top Bottom