FAO Young drivers (17-18)

19, no car atm but I drive/share my Mum's 1.6 Renault Megane as she doesn't use it a huge amount. Have no real need for my own car considering where I went to school and now that I'm at uni.

I got my car a week before passing my test when i was 17 (18 now), which i bought and own insure etc myself.

Not really powerfull well not powefull at all 1999 Citroen Saxo 1.0, it does me for now. Say its poo all you want everyone loves their first car no matter what it was/is.

2000 W Reg Nissan Micra 1.0l

Picture from other sig:

violent-jv3.0.jpg

Great first car, looking to upgrade as soon as I turn 18 and insurance is a bit better, something > 1.8

These car insurance companies are awful.

Is there a simple one where I can pick a car, tell them my age, and other details and get a quote quickly?

I just want to know "roughly" how much car insurance would be on various different cars.

Indeed, practically lowest possible tax, insurance, reliable as can be, high mpg, if anything does go wrong with it, cheap as chips catch my drift.

Gives me chance to save up for a faster car, plus it was free from my mom, she bought it new for 8k, 1 woman driver ;p I know it's full history, no accidents, Nissan full service history, 45k (low) mileage and it's still worth 2k when I come to sell.

I have a 1.4 RT Clio. Fast enough for a first car and highly recommended. Drove puntos, micras and every other first car material and was most happy with the Clio considering its price and what it offers to others :)

Violent-J said:
Indeed, practically lowest possible tax, insurance, reliable as can be, high mpg, if anything does go wrong with it, cheap as chips catch my drift.

Gives me chance to save up for a faster car, plus it was free from my mom, she bought it new for 8k, 1 woman driver ;p I know it's full history, no accidents, Nissan full service history, 45k (low) mileage and it's still worth 2k when I come to sell.
Fair enough if it was free. Although I would soon get bored of the 1.0l powah.

Anyway, to keep on topic. I'm 17 and in the process of having a 1.6 Focus sourced.

Currently drive a 2003 corsa 1.0 :( however on the 1st of september when i start my new job i'll have a 2003 toyota Avensis :D gotta have something to look forward to

Last edited:
When I was 18 I bought myself a 2.0 Mondeo Ghia X for £900. Awesome first car. I loved it so much.

I then had a Rover 214i 8v as a stop gap car, although covered 3000miles in it. Nice little revvy thing. I think they are not bad cars to be honest.

I now have a 2.0 Mondeo Ghia Estate and a 1.3CDTI Vauxhall Combo Van.

I am in a predicament over what to do with the Mondeo at the moment. I may flog it. If not then gonna get the rusty arch resprayed.

Woah mate, old Mondys are that cheap? I'll have a peak on auto trader now methinks, I'd love a 2.0l Mondeo, I'm a student so cash is low but that'd probably be about the fastest and generally best car for the money I can think of, cheap parts and that as well. If I could pick up a decent example for around 1k that'd be pukka.

Violent-J said:
:O SHIZZLE, how old are you mate?

Good luck to all of the learners, it's changed my life, makes things so much easier.

Im 17, went to see the car today, lovely motor, 68k on the clock full white leathers, only downfall is that its automatic.

4ndy89 said:
Im 17, went to see the car today, lovely motor, 68k on the clock full white leathers, only downfall is that its automatic.
And will cost a million pounds to insure and run and if it breaks your buggered completely.

West said:
17, Fiat Cinquecento SX, 899cc

Love it to bits, cheap to insure... not a half bad drive either :)

Nippy? :p

Someone I know used to have one, not sure what spec it was, but when the car was full and he took it a little too fast around a corner it used to look like it was going to tip over :o.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom