FAO Young drivers (17-18)

1st car at 19 (passed 3 months earlier when I was 18) was a Rover 214 SEi.

Nice spec and decent performing car, and I got loads of great comments about it.

Had an accident so bought another. Had that for a year.

Sold that, and now being 20 years old with 2 years NCB bought a Rover 220 GSi.

At 17 I was driving my mum's K reg 1.1 fiesta at weekends and evenings. At about 17 and a half I bought it off them at a discounted rate as they wanted to help me out. At about 18 and a half and I gave the fiesta to my then girlfriend, and bought a W reg Saxo VTR with 20k on the clock for about £6k. Insurance was about £90 a month, and the car was about £220 a month, but as I had a good job and still lived at home I could afford it.

At 17 I had a 1.2 Nova Luxe (Don't forget the Luxe! :p )

At 18 I had a 1.6 Focus Chic

Now at 19 I have a 1.8iS MX-5 (mk2).

Not sure what I'll have at 20, probably keep the MX-5 for a bit til insurance settles down.

i drive my mums car atm, off to uni (hopefully) at the end of september so didnt see the point in getting a car for a few months then getting rid of it again.

its a 2002 toyota corolla 1.6 tspirit though so i aint complaining

i'm 17, passed my test last tuesday, but not buying a car yet as i'm off to Edinburgh uni in September!

Insured on my parent's Corolla till November though. :)

17 - 1999 Saxo VTR
18 - 2001 Saxo VTR

Might buy this if I can get the cash together next week:

P9280003.jpg

106 rallye shell, all other parts off 2003 Saxo VTS, cams, exhaust, remap, coilovers, group n exhaust, 1.4 xsi box with quaife limited slip diff, 206 gti brakes, compomotive mo's etc etc 160+ bhp, 6ish seconds to 60, and should stick to the road like **** to a blanket.

Shouldn't cost me much ontop of my car.

Passed my test i was given a 1989 Renault 5 TL 1.1 47 bhp awful to drive much like a go-kart loved every minute of it :D Still it did die eventually to its replacement a 1996 Toyota Paseo 1.5 Si. Had the car just under a year, all i've done is put it through a service a mot and a cambelt change and just bung petrol on it not missed a beat yet and i find it fun to drive.

thedazman

GT3 said:
17 - 1999 Saxo VTR
18 - 2001 Saxo VTR

Might buy this if I can get the cash together next week:

P9280003.jpg

106 rallye shell, all other parts off 2003 Saxo VTS, cams, exhaust, remap, coilovers, group n exhaust, 1.4 xsi box with quaife limited slip diff, 206 gti brakes, compomotive mo's etc etc 160+ bhp, 6ish seconds to 60, and should stick to the road like **** to a blanket.

Shouldn't cost me much ontop of my car.

Really liking that, looks good, all white and those alloys are my favourite, 5 spoke white rally style alloys :)

Violent-J said:
Really liking that, looks good, all white and those alloys are my favourite, 5 spoke white rally style alloys :)

lol was gonna say I'd probably sell the alloys and get some white or maybe dark grey multispokes :p

Im 18, and drive my mums...................................wait for it................................................Proton... :o

How the hell do you guys afford these cars at your ages??

Welshy said:
Im 18, and drive my mums...................................wait for it................................................Proton... :o

How the hell do you guys afford these cars at your ages??

Probably jobs, if you work full time then even at 18 you'll bring in about £800/900 a month minimum.

I have a few friends got their first car fully paid by parents, even insurance too......now thats lucky.

Raymond Lin said:
I have a few friends got their first car fully paid by parents, even insurance too......now thats lucky.
Nice for some eh?

Though to be honest, id rather they didnt do that, people dont learn the value of hard work when they get handed things

Back
Top Bottom