FAO Young drivers (17-18)

Berger said:
And will cost a million pounds to insure and run and if it breaks your buggered completely.

I understand what u mean, but from looking at the car, and its docs, i cant see much going wrong with it. Also insurance isn't too much more than i was expecting.

Btw me saying this has reminded me of the Stig topic, did anything ever surface from that?

PS : im not a stig character, and if i decide on getting this bm, then ill post my lunch on the bonnet :p

Even if nothing breaks on it, the servicing to make sure it doesnt break, the amount of petrol it will use, the cost of new tyres when it needs them etc will be quite a substantial amount more than your standard just passed car.

Im not saying dont buy it, just that be prepared for it to cost a bit.

well, at the price of the car, i cant really moan, as its coming from a friend of my parents, it will be around £2000 .

So all in all im pretty happy with that deal.

4ndy89 said:
I understand what u mean, but from looking at the car, and its docs, i cant see much going wrong with it. Also insurance isn't too much more than i was expecting.

Btw me saying this has reminded me of the Stig topic, did anything ever surface from that?

PS : im not a stig character, and if i decide on getting this bm, then ill post my lunch on the bonnet :p

how much is insurance then :p ?

4ndy89 said:
well, at the price of the car, i cant really moan, as its coming from a friend of my parents, it will be around £2000 .

So all in all im pretty happy with that deal.
Well yeah you can moan, if your not going to have any money left because of the running costs it seems a bit daft to buy it just because its coming from a friend of your parents ;) Buying a car for around a grand then having a grand to put towards your insurance seems like a better idea personally but there you go....

the running costs arent terrifically scary to me, but if all fails im sure i can sell the car for a profit :) .

Besides it is a lovely piece of motor :)

Im 17 passed just under 2 months after my b-day in february. Had 6 hours a week! Passed first time and was worth every penny to pass that quick!

I own a Ford Fiesta Climate Zetec 1.4 16v Registered 2006. I own this car myself by having extremely generous parents and a great cousin who works in Ford Vospers that can get a good deal on anything, i am steadily paying half of this car. Nice car to drive but body roll is atrocious sometimes. Also its weighs as much as a tank!

Isurance is £1500 but with no claims on my step dads work he got it down to £600.

Have fun!

Josh

:eek: you have that sort of money to throw around :eek:, bear in mind your a new driver, coupled with such a powerfull car theres quite a chance you will have total it :p its a lot of money to lose, but your choice ;)

4ndy89 said:
the running costs arent terrifically scary to me, but if all fails im sure i can sell the car for a profit :) .

Besides it is a lovely piece of motor :)

Why £2.5-3k just on a 520? Get something else, that won't cost more than the car just in insurance. You do accually realise even my 1.6 Focus is faster...

Well im 19, but i've got a little Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 Breeze Hi-Torq (a bazilli0n m0re hp'z!!!!!!!!!!), it does the job nicely, insurance is cheap, its not broken on me at all, hardly had a problem, after having it for 1.5 years. 0-60 = 10s so at least I can go faster than old people on motorised scooters :D

Edit: I also had an exploding Punto once, that, was not fun.

Back
Top Bottom