• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Phyx Help

Associate
So i ahve an i7 rig and Crossfire Sapphire Vapor-X Graphics cards but i just wanted to know how the whole getting a 9800 for phyx works? i realy have no idea about this buy as i have allready got such a high end pc i want to push it to the limit if possible :> so whats the deal with this set up?

16x Sapphire Vapor-X
16x Sapphire Vapor-X
8x 9800

for phyx

Are there any benefits? I use my pc for everything, from gaming to Adobe(everything), to programming to web design so is it worth it and how does this work?

Associate
using that setup, one of your 16x lanes will drop to 8x as, and someone correct me if im wrong, theres actaully only 32 lanes for the 4 pci-e slots, 2 of them can have 16 each, while to use all 4 you get 8 each. I think thats how it is on mine (UD3r)

shouldnt make much difference though.

as for using physx, a few games support it but not many. for how to get it to work theres other threads here covering that.

Soldato
http://physxinfo.com/news/2643/hybrid-physx-197-xx-drivers-and-physx-performance-fix/

Very easy to do, I use 5870 and 9800.
To get it to work with new 197 drivers installed, restart in safe mode, applythe GenL mod first.
Restart ( do not enable physx yet) then apply the containforum’s fix 1.01. (which you can find in the comments below)
Restart then apply containforum’s fix 1.02
Restart then apply physx in Nvidia control panel.

zia

zia

Associate
Very easy to do, I use 5870 and 9800.
To get it to work with new 197 drivers installed, restart in safe mode, applythe GenL mod first.
Restart ( do not enable physx yet) then apply the containforum’s fix 1.01. (which you can find in the comments below)
Restart then apply containforum’s fix 1.02
Restart then apply physx in Nvidia control panel.

Followed this to the letter,works perfect,got my gts250 working on phyxs while 5970 does the rest.thanks tommybhoy

zia

Permabanned
thanks for the info but is it realy worth the extra doh?
Probably not. Batman AA is the only decent game I know that shows a worthwhile improvement.
Also make sure your NVidia physx card has minimum of 32 shaders. The 9600GT has 64 so should be OK.

Soldato
I grabbed a new 9600 GSO (96 shaders) for £30 from bay. Worked well as a PhysX card until I realised I don't need this **** in my life :D

BTW, people who spend more than £50 just to experience some unrealistic PhysX effects on their PCs are n00bs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom