UEFA Champions League/Europa League 13/14/15 March *** Spoilers ***

Soldato
No idea how Napoli didn't score more than once tonight albeit rather infrequently some of Hamsik's play was drool worthy. Inler in midfield was fantastic as well.

Credit Chelsea though at the end of the day they scored 4, just hope for the competitions sake they get a glamour tie rather than just a Benfica or Marseilles as that would be boring (I realise that it wouldn't be if you were a Chelsea fan though)

Soldato
No idea how Napoli didn't score more than once tonight albeit rather infrequently some of Hamsik's play was drool worthy. Inler in midfield was fantastic as well.

Credit Chelsea though at the end of the day they scored 4, just hope for the competitions sake they get a glamour tie rather than just a Benfica or Marseilles as that would be boring (I realise that it wouldn't be if you were a Chelsea fan though)

reading between the lines: he wants Chelsea to get a tie against Madrid or Barca for his own entertainment purposes.

Associate
Have to say Napoli were a breath of fresh air in this years competition, most of there counter attack player was special. Having said that their defence needs to be sorted, hopefully they can qualify again for next season. Quite like the manager as well.

Soldato
Have to say Napoli were a breath of fresh air in this years competition, most of there counter attack player was special. Having said that their defence needs to be sorted, hopefully they can qualify again for next season. Quite like the manager as well.

I can see that squad being savaged now tbh. Cavani, Lavezzi, Hamsik, Inler, sure one or two may stay but conversely I reckon at least 2 will go as well.

Caporegime
How the **** aren't people like mehuk banned, last time I remember he was posting similar crap, time before was derailing a hillsborough memorial thread calling the fans murderers and is still ****ed off it meant his team lost the reply. What the actual ****.

Wp Chelsea btw, they could've lost by a fair few after the first 20 mins and Drogba back to his old cheating ways. Good heart in the performance though, Torres didn't look arsed at the end lol.

Soldato
Chelsea are very lucky in one sense (that Napoli didnt score more than the one they deserved, that Drog wasnt booked at least once for being a big girl's blouse , and that ridiculous pen they gave away - no question it was a pen, but ball wasnt in a dangerous area, it was going out of play etc etc )

Thought the ref made some curious decisions in the middle of the park, and usually to Chelsea's advantage

Im SO hoping they get a glamour tie next , because Real or Barca will rip them apart for an appertizer lol(without breaking a sweat)

Soldato
Chelsea are very lucky in one sense (that Napoli didnt score more than the one they deserved, that Drog wasnt booked at least once for being a big girl's blouse , and that ridiculous pen they gave away - no question it was a pen, but ball wasnt in a dangerous area, it was going out of play etc etc )

Thought the ref made some curious decisions in the middle of the park, and usually to Chelsea's advantage

Im SO hoping they get a glamour tie next , because Real or Barca will rip them apart for an appertizer lol(without breaking a sweat)

All of the above contributed to a very entertaining game :p

I agree with the glamour tie hope, would love them to get Barca.

Man of Honour
OP
I did say:

We're certainly not finished yet. It's either going to be 2-0 or 3-1 with an extra-time winner for us. I'll be there just before seven to wave my flag. :D

Ah, yes the flags:

chelseanapoliflags1.jpg

I have been privileged to have witnessed one of our greatest games. The players, the fans, the atmosphere and of course the result have just been amazing.

Well we're certainly not finished yet and to all the predictors of failure this year I have only one thing to say, "Blue Is the Colour". You write us off at your peril.

That’s all from a tired, hoarse, sore and extremely happy fan. :D

Caporegime

that's how utd used to play. in the 90s and then went stale trying to be more consistent but then recaptured the idea with c ronaldo rooney and tevez..

it's great while you can keep it up but not sustainable way of playing in the longer run.

Soldato
one thing i've always wondered about stamford bridge, is what the building is that is clearly visible from the pitch? it's doesn't seem to have many windows as i thought it was some swanky apartment complex or something. what is it?

Soldato
All of the above contributed to a very entertaining game :p

I agree with the glamour tie hope, would love them to get Barca.

entertainling - ok I will gve you that ........fair....hmmm well thats debatable

one thing i've always wondered about stamford bridge, is what the building is that is clearly visible from the pitch? it's doesn't seem to have many windows as i thought it was some swanky apartment complex or something. what is it?

I should know, my sister lives just round the corner

The one to the left (and set back) of the main entrance I think is a hotel

Last edited:
Caporegime
Disappointed that Napoli didnt get through but credit to Chelsea for managing to come from behind to win it. Seems like Di Matteo is doing a pretty decent job at Chelsea, wouldnt be too silly if Chelsea keep him as manager for next season.

Meh now i have to put up with my work colleague whos a Chelsea supporting muppet going on about how great they are blah blah blah :(:p

Hopefully Chelsea will get a decent tie in the next round..fingers crossed it will be either Real, Barca or Bayern.

Man of Honour
Disappointed that Napoli didnt get through but credit to Chelsea for managing to come from behind to win it. Seems like Di Matteo is doing a pretty decent job at Chelsea, wouldnt be too silly if Chelsea keep him as manager for next season.

Meh now i have to put up with my work colleague whos a Chelsea supporting muppet going on about how great they are blah blah blah :(:p

Hopefully Chelsea will get a decent tie in the next round..fingers crossed it will be either Real, Barca or Bayern.

I don't think Di Matteo has done anything, I think he's just bent over and let John Terry sort it all out.

Back
Top Bottom